Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Split ends, flat hair, lackluster locks...oh my

What kind of hair regimen is everyone following? My hair refuses to keep and sort of styling.  Usually I'm forced to go with a ponytail. I need some good volume and help with my split ends.

Re: Split ends, flat hair, lackluster locks...oh my

To protect my hair against split ends I try to do hair masks 1-2 times a week. I also generally avoid applying any heat to it except for special occasions, though this is also because using heat doesn't change much for my hair. It hates to be styled and usually gets back to its usual limp self in an hour or two. If your hair is a similar situation and you want to mix things up, try different buns and different ponytail heights/styles. (Wide pony, narrow, etc.) Hair clips can also help add style to what's actually a pretty plain hair style.

To get body, skip washing your hair on some days and soak up the oil with a volumizing dry shampoo instead. On these days I'm able to do braids that actually stick or have my hair down without it being completely flat on my head. Certain haircuts/lengths can also help give hair more oomph! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing