From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Spa shower - Amping up my conditioner. Supercharged and simple.

This is going to be so luscious and give results.

My mix which rocked. Even the bedroom smells that Bust Your Brass scent. I love the scent. I use an organic fat (Avocado) to unlock or break up the silicone so I get some more of the good stuff. All worth it, and it's optional. I love concentrated, fatty emulsions. Oh this is great!

amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Purple Conditioner**

Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Sephora's Jojoba Oil

Briogeo B. Well Organic + Australian 100% Tea Tree Skin & Scalp Oil 

Avocado Oil (optional and privately harvested - any organic natural oil you get from anything that grows out of the ground not all but most it being truly organic it's potency with a little of that will change electric charges in this emulsion to our advantage. Go to a health store for any one oil from one fruit or vegetable that makes you feel "the one and only.")

Steps:

A beautiful simple medley.A beautiful simple medley.

First a nice dallup of BUST YOUR BRASS CONDITIONER.First a nice dallup of BUST YOUR BRASS CONDITIONER.Then you see the honey oil, I try to get at least three vials in there. Gisou should consider a better dropper.Then you see the honey oil, I try to get at least three vials in there. Gisou should consider a better dropper.Test because only 1 drop of this is needed. So I test on the spatula if more than one drop it's nominal I throw it in. Up the antioxidant power by hundreds of percents. But next I think how I can extract all the good stuff. Get more. More.Test because only 1 drop of this is needed. So I test on the spatula if more than one drop it's nominal I throw it in. Up the antioxidant power by hundreds of percents. But next I think how I can extract all the good stuff. Get more. More.

Then add two huge tablespoons of Sephora's Jajoba Oil. It looks like this before integration.Then add two huge tablespoons of Sephora's Jajoba Oil. It looks like this before integration.Avocado oil being real fat all I need is 1 tablespoon and valence electrons change, bonds break, some might form but I am resting... but I know I am unlocking that wall. It's fanastic in terms of results. I love oils. OMG.Avocado oil being real fat all I need is 1 tablespoon and valence electrons change, bonds break, some might form but I am resting... but I know I am unlocking that wall. It's fanastic in terms of results. I love oils. OMG.

Whisk fervently for two minutes it will add air which will make feel like whipped emulsion. The air around here will degrade some benefits so just a slow mix until combined is optimal. I change the texture and don't care, I figured I have unlocked enough. I absorb only so much.Whisk fervently for two minutes it will add air which will make feel like whipped emulsion. The air around here will degrade some benefits so just a slow mix until combined is optimal. I change the texture and don't care, I figured I have unlocked enough. I absorb only so much.

Then take this whipped lusciousness that is also now on OVERDRIVE and scoop to one side. Enjoy your shower!Then take this whipped lusciousness that is also now on OVERDRIVE and scoop to one side. Enjoy your shower!

**Author's Note:

I said in a review BUST YOUR BRASS is not just for blondes. I'm brunette and it works great! If I dyed my hair black it would work. Potentially for anyone. I love it. The only detterant as for any product is if you have an allergy to any ingredient. It would condition anyone's hair mixing things up, or not there would some coating! I use it solo too.

Winning anyone? Yes, that would be us.

I am going to listen to a Charlie Sheen song parody where you see WINNING in a yellow call out. I am not in love with him but it's so dope I can't explain. But it's b______n'

I love it!

Re: Spa shower - Amping up my conditioner. Supercharged and simple.

Without getting too geeky or chemistry weird, anyone curious please -- let's consider they warn you - "oils breakdown latex," oils breakdown and degrade the efficacy of condoms because they break chemical bonds of polymers - degrading latex compounds that leads to tearing.

Latex comes from the sap of a rubber tree, and that sap is poisonous to us and animals. They don't grow around us but the rubber tree's sap is watery, not fatty. This is just simple way to explain that the biochem of organic oil will break silicone (and chemically similar) bonds down, so oil extracts the "good stuff" so it distills into the follicles. Otherwise there isn't optimal penetration of ingredients. I don't worry too much. But I make sure I get what I can. Plus the results don't last as long because they mask the problem, but if you force out the goodness in the products with natural oil, you win. The maker doesn't because oil is expensive. Better to get it from a healthstore or wherever, than to have your conditioner cost $150.00. But you can do the same thing at home.

Silicone is a type of polymer (think GLUE), and one of the most prominent ones are in the class elastomer: latex. The wanted latex strong but failed, all because of oil being nonpolar or FATTY.

I add oils to my foot masks and I get much better results. I notice the Sephora oils are sold out. Dang. I miss the lab kinda. Well no I don't. I would love to have chemists mix for me. I would love that all day. And just cooking and baking, being a domestic honey. Instead I had to go to a sterile ugly building and now from home they still bleed my head. That is why SPA, pampering, mandatory! LOL. "7 ... rocks"

Re: Spa shower - Amping up my conditioner. Supercharged and simple.

You’re info on Silicones isn’t quite accurate. Let’s talk about Silicones with regards to shampoo (since we are in a hair thread) 

5376F0EA-5672-46BE-99D2-E0FE2E6DFA41.jpeg

531C4B0B-4E49-460B-9048-FC0D36C34EEE.jpeg

9F80CA25-B716-42C5-A32A-A021FD3E6D6E.jpeg

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos11
  • First a nice dallup of BUST YOUR BRASS CONDITIONER.
  • Then you see the honey oil, I try to get at least three vials in there. Gisou should consider a better dropper.
  • Test because only 1 drop of this is needed. So I test on the spatula if more than one drop it's nominal I throw it in. Up the antioxidant power by hundreds of percents. But next I think how I can extract all the good stuff. Get more. More.
  • A beautiful simple medley.
  • Avocado oil being real fat all I need is 1 tablespoon and valence electrons change, bonds break, some might form but I am resting... but I know I am unlocking that wall. It's fanastic in terms of results. I love oils. OMG.
  • Then add two huge tablespoons of Sephora's Jajoba Oil. It looks like this before integration.
  • Then take this whipped lusciousness that is also now on OVERDRIVE and scoop to one side. Enjoy your shower!
  • Whisk fervently for two minutes it will add air which will make feel like whipped emulsion. The air around here will degrade some benefits so just a slow mix until combined is optimal. I change the texture and don't care, I figured I have unlocked enough. I absorb only so much.
  • 5376F0EA-5672-46BE-99D2-E0FE2E6DFA41.jpeg
  • 531C4B0B-4E49-460B-9048-FC0D36C34EEE.jpeg
  • 9F80CA25-B716-42C5-A32A-A021FD3E6D6E.jpeg
testing