Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo and conditionner for fine, thin, wavy, frizzy hair?

Hi! I need your recomendations on a new shampoo and conditioner

My hair is wavy, extremely fine and also super frizzy. It gets tangled easily.

Capture d’écran (414).pngCapture d’écran (417).pngCapture d’écran (419).png

I want a shampoo and conditioner that can define my waves, get rid of the frizz and make them look shiny and silky. I also would like something gentle enough to use every day and without ingredients that are bad for the hair.

I stuggle to find what I need because a lot of shampoos and conditioners that control the frizz, like the Garnier Whole Blends Coconut, actually weight down my hair, diminish my curls and they make my hair look darker and not fluffy anymore.

Right now, I'm using the Garnier Whole Blends honey treasures shampoo. It's the only one I've found that keeps my hair fluffy and soft and not weighed down, but it definitely does not get rid of the frizz, nor define the waves. I also use the matching conditioner for the bottom part of my hair. I use the Garnier Whole Blends Morrocan Argan Oil for the scalp part, because if I use nothing or the Whole Blends Honey Treasures on my scalp, that part of my hair looks dry.

Hoping someone can help me! 🙂

Re: Shampoo and conditionner for fine, thin, wavy, frizzy hair?

Garnier along with other brands such as Pantene proV, Dove, Tresseme, Organix, and many other grocery store brands shampoos are very drying to our hair. There are certain chemicals we should be aware of. I recommend to everyone to try out the Briogeo brand only for hair masks, oils and leave in conditioners.  The shampoos have hair drying ingredients in them.  I really like their hair masks, oils and leave in conditioners because they are very natural and don't have harsh chemicals to dry out hair.  My favorites right now are Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL , Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL , Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Spray Hair Mask 4 oz/ 118 mL . The anti Frizz oil and leave in spray is good too.  These products work for my hair, and I recommend to everyone who has dry hair like me to try more natural products.  Natural shampoo/conditioner like Avalon Organix or Pura D'Or are great to use.

My texture is very similar. I use biolage hydrating shampoo. I think another thing that cannot be understated is styling technique. If you’re not familiar with curly girl method, please google it! I also love Kinky Curly Custard for gel. It’s my HG hair product.

@alarouche , I highly encourage you to check out PATTERN, which just dropped here on Sephora today.  I love it because while it's aimed for natural hair beauties it can still work if you know your own hair (or pattern, have you). I know my hair is very sensitive to humidity, and frizzes easily.  With that in mind, a lot of her hydration products work for me, as well as the mist when I'm working out.   There are mini sets available, so you can try out a product before committing.

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Hydration Shampoo 

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Mini Hydrating Hair Mist 3 oz/ 88.7 mL 

PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Mini Conditioners Kit 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • Capture d’écran (414).png
  • Capture d’écran (419).png
  • Capture d’écran (417).png