cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo and Conditioner recommendation

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a new brand of shampoo and conditioner that I should try for my hair. I have long wavy brown hair, that tends to become oily on the roots fast. In the good weeks, I manage to wash my hair only two times a week, in very hot weeks, I have to wash it three times (but I never go beyond three times).

My greatest concern is that I live in Miami and my thick/voluminous hair has a hard time not being all frizzy and "shapeless" in the city humidity. As a leave-in, I use Living Proof 5-1, which I love (the fragrance is soft, and the hair softness and shine is awesome), but I don't apply it near the roots. So I was looking for a shampoo and a conditioner that would help giving more natural balance to my hair, to fight frizz and the humidity effects, along with the Living Proof product.

I read the reviews of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day shampoo and I saw many complains saying it dries the hair excessively. So I was hoping to get more input, and also other recommendations.

Thanks 🙂

Re: Shampoo and Conditioner recommendation

If it's just the oily scalp that's the issue, have you tried dry shampoo? You'd want to make sure it's not one that comes out white on your dark hair - like PSSST, or the Batiste for dark hair. 

You could also try oil blotting sheets (on the scalp), rubbing witch hazel just into the scalp (or using a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel on the scalp).

You can also use cornstarch to soak up the excess oil.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing