Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Shampoo & Conditioner for Dry Hair?

My current L'Oreal shampooo & conditioner are almost out and I'm looking to get something that will actually help my hair look better. I've tried many hair products over the years, but have never fallen in love with anything.

My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length and very thick. It's pretty dry and I have a lot of frizz and static, as you've probably noticed in my WCC photos. I've never dyed my hair so I don't need any products for color-treated hair. You should probably also know that I use Neutrogena's T-Gel shampoo about 2-3 times a week for my seborrheic dermatitis.

Here are a few of the S&C I've tried:

• Bumble and bumble Thickening - I've bought this before and it did nothing for my hair.
  • Alterna Bamboo Shine - also wasn't impressed with this one.
  • Carol's Daughter Monoi - really liked this and it foamed a lot for a sulfate-free shampoo which was great. I only had a foil packet though so I'm not sure how I would like it after multiple uses 

Ideally I would like to find a S&C without sulfates and parabens. Do you have any recommendations on what I should use to help my dry and frizzy hair?

Re: Shampoo & Conditioner for Dry Hair?

I have the same hair type as you (dry, frizz, very thick, shoulder-length) and I use the Living Proof PHD Shampoo and Conditioner.  It doesn't have sulfates or parabend.  I find it does a great job of moisturizing my hair and making it more manageable.

I also use the Biogeo Don't Despair Repair Conditioning Treatment once a month or so esp when I can tell my hair needs some extra attention.  I highly recommend it.  The first time I used it I couldn't believe how completely perfect my hair was - no frizz and it just felt so healthy.

I use Avalon Organics Tea Tree Treatment Shampoo and Shea Moisture Reconstructive Conditioner.  I used to have a very dry and itchy scalp (not dandruff) along with dry frizzy hair.  I used Neutrogena T-Gel and T-Sal shampoos.  I eventually tried these products--what a difference!  My hair is silky soft with minimal frizz (it's winter, ya know) and my scalp is no longer dry and itchy.  I found the shampoo at the health food store and the conditioner in the ethnic hair care section at Target.  The shampoo has a matching conditioner, but I don't like it nearly as well as the Shea Moisture.  Shea Moisture has shampoo, but I've never tried it because I'm happy with the Avalon Organics.

Try the living proof restore hair mask. I love that stuff!  I have very thick hair that can get really dry, the restore mask helps leave it really smooth.   I tried phd shampoo & conditioner and the conditioner wasn't thick enough for me,

My main stuff is Dry Bar. I use Sake Bomb Shampoo & Conditioner.  My hair is waist length, so I use the conditioner on top and below my shoulders the Mudslide. Comes out silky smooth. 

Since, I try other brands with similar results......I think this has more to do with the Mason Pearson combs and brush. No breakage, tangles or pulling! 

Your 'frizz' might actually be breakage and you will need to trim those areas to get a healthy look again.

You might also want to try a clear Gloss semi-permanent dye treatment on your hair if it is dull. 

I've heard good things about Drybar shampoo and conditioner, but haven't tried it. I'm participating in a few TSB's so hopefully I'll acquire a foil sample of Sake Bomb.

I LOVE Ouidad's oil cleanser/shampoo andit has worked much better for me than any of the products pushed as co-wash or sulfate free, and although I have pretty fine hair, my sister whose hair is crazy thick likes it too. She also had really good luck with some of DevaCurl's no-poo and low-poo products that left my hair too limp. 

Here's a link to the Ouidad product: http://www.sephora.com/ultra-nourishing-cleansing-oil-P388976?skuId=1644574&icid2=ouidad_editors_pic...Smiley Surprised actu like this one enough that I just got the giant bottle directly from them even though it takes me forever to get through because it was 20% off...

I use Carol's Daughter Monoi and LOVE it! My hair has never felt healthier.

I know where you're coming from.  In addition to dry and frizz, I color my hair.

Thanks to Birchbox, I've been able to sample a lot of great products and have come up with consistent, albeit expensive, solution to my hair problems.

I use the Davines Minu Shampoo and Conditioner.  After I use those, I spray my hair with No. 4's Super Comb Prep and Protect.  Next, I apply Davines' Minu Serum.

I usually let my hair air-dry, and when it's mostly dry I apply Parlor Reworkable Hold Paste from about half-way down my hair to the ends.

This method has actually given me back my smooth curls, for at least the first day.  I find it keeps my hair looking good longer than anything else I've used.  Hope you find what you're looking for.

Between Its a 10 an Carols Daughter Minoi my hair has never felt better. 

I switch between using the shampoo, conditioner, and mask from both of these lines. 

I really like sexy hair smooth shampoo and conditioner. It's sulfate free. It does suds up a little. It has coconut oil in it. This was my first sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and I love it.

I have used bumble and bumble for years previously (creme de cacao line). I used this for like a year but I had bought some matrix biolage liters that had micro oil and they were the most god awful shampoo and conditioner I had ever used. So I went out and bought the sexy hair again yesterday, not even going to finish the other line. 

is show pure beauty products good? It is expensive but I am willing to spend money if it is a good product for my hair,a good investment.

For conditioner, try DevaCurl One Condition.  Or the Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner in the tub.  Phytojoba is also good.

I switched to ION repair conditioner which you can find it at Sally beauty. There're many way to treat damaged hair. My original way (untreated hair) is you leave deap hair conditioner on your hair for couple minutes then shampoo your hair. Last, you use same conditioner on your wet hair and wait about 5-10 mins. Drying your hair with towel and air dry. Don't use hair dryer with heat. If you owned the one with cool dry then that should be good to use. Don't comb when your hair is wet. Afterward, applying some hair oil.  For treated hair, you have to buy ION rapid repair kit 2 steps treatment and Bond therapy masque. For long thick hair, you'll need 4 packages. Comb your dry/ clean hair before applying step 1. Let it dry, you can tell when it's hardened for 10-15 mins. Don't touch it or comb your hair for step one. Rise with warm water for at least 5 minutes then applying step 2 conditioning on wet hair and wait about 20-30 mins. Then you use ION bond therapy masque. After 25 mins, rise your hair again with warm water. 
13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors