cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo & Conditioner - Olaplex vs Drunk Elephant

Hi y’all!

This is my first post here (not just in this group, but to the Sephora community) but I’m looking for some advice and can’t think of a better community to ask!

I’ve been really happy with my personalized shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty but I recently dyed my hair and I’m looking to add a separate set of shampoo and conditioner into my hair care rotation, and I’m trying to decide between Olaplex’s No 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo & No 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner and Drunk Elephant’s Cocomino Glossing Shampoo and Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner. Both sets seem to have a 4 out of 5 star rating and I’m curious to hear people’s thoughts and / or experiences about / with the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner pairing vs the Drunk Elephant shampoo and conditioner pairing.

I’m also interested to hear people’s thoughts and experiences regarding just the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner pairing or just the Drunk Elephant shampoo and conditioner pairing (so even if you haven’t tried both the Drunk Elephant and the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner pairing, I’m still interested to hear your thoughts and experiences with just the Olaplex or the Drunk Elephant shampoo and conditioner pairing!) I’m also open to any other recommendations of any other brands and / or products!

I have fine curly hair that is fairly long (past my shoulder blades) and I have severe hair thinning from my thyroid condition and also from having my first and only kiddo, my beautiful daughter (who just turned 1 in March 🙂 and I adore her but oh my goodness the postpartum hair loss has seriously sucked!!) My hair is also extremely dry and was so before I dyed my hair but has gotten much dryer than it already was and is pretty damaged now after dying my hair a few weeks ago. I dyed most of my hair a darker color so it didn’t need to be bleached but I dyed the ends a light color so they did need to be bleached.
So I’m looking for a hydrating shampoo and conditioner pairing that will preserve my hair color and help to reverse the damage and hydrate my hair and that will also preserve my curlsq. I’m primarily interested in the Olaplex and Drunk Elephant shampoo and conditioner pairings but an open to any other recommendations!

Thanks so much for reading this all and I’m really looking forward to hearing people’s thoughts and experiences!!

All the best ❤️

Re: Shampoo & Conditioner - Olaplex vs Drunk Elephant

@xylo I haven't tried either of the DE products but I've been using the Olaplex shampoo for a couple of months and picked up the conditioner last month and I'm enjoying both.  For reference, I have straight, somewhat fine hair and for me these serve as good "everyday" products; my hair ends up feeling clean but not stripped and lightly moisturized.  One thing that I discovered immediately is that (with the shampoo, primarily), a little goes a LONG way.  I need about half the amount compared to other shampoos because the formula is much more concentrated.  It produces a nice lather and rinses cleanly and the conditioner is lightly hydrating and doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down.  Both have a very minimal scent and I'm enjoying both of them although if I'm being honest I don't think that either of them is absolutely amazing.  I'm definitely not sorry that I bought them but I can't tell you that I've seen any drastically phenomenal changes in my hair since using them.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing