Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo/Conditioner recommendations?

Desperately looking for shampoo/conditioner recommendations!

I am 6 months post-surgery and hospital stay and lost about half of my hair. It's finally started growing back, but the texture has also changed. I have very fine hair, super dry ends, and my hair can never decide if it wants to be curly, wavy, or mostly straight. It gets really frizzy and just looks terrible. I've never dyed my hair and usually air dry (blow dry maybe a couple times a month with my John Frieda blow dry brush). I used to love Biosilk Silk Therapy, but lately it hasn't been working the same for my hair. I've also tried and didn't love Redken All Soft/Mega Soft, Pureology Hydrate, Kendra Frizz Control, and various drugstore brands. I'm looking for something that will control the frizz and make my hair healthy (and ideally something that will let me air dry and have decent looking hair). Any rec's would be greatly appreciated ☺️

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner recommendations?

Hi, @nicolekatrina 

You might want to give the Verb Hydrate line a try. My hair is similar to your "new" hair, and it's been working well for me. You might also want to add a mask to your routine - the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask , amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask 8 oz/ 250 mL , or the Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 6.8 oz/ 201 mL are good ones, as is the Obliphica Seaberry mask (not at Sephora). 

For the frizz, you might want to try adding the Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil , and John Freida Frizz Ease. If the frizz still seems to be too much, try adding the John Freida Secret Weapon touch-up cream, I've actually put that in my hair, and put my hair up  - the heat from your scalp helps it to re-condition your hair. 

HTH - good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing