Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Seborrheic dermatitis?!?!?!

So I just randomly woke up one day and had these lil flakes and I was like wow dandruff?!? What the heck?? And then over the next couple months it got worse and worse and then I guess I picked it lots and it got all scabby and icky.. I have hair loss and damage due to it , and my doctor gave me a treatment for it but it doesn’t seem to be working 😞 has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations? I never had it before and it’s just so frustrating, and irritating and starts to hurt lots and then with the hair loss it’s like well ok??? I’ve tried tea tree shampoo, scalp treatments, Briogeo, dove, head and shoulders, T-gel, taro-clobetasol, and I’m now using nioxlin ( I think that’s how’s you spell it?) 

Re: Seborrheic dermatitis?!?!?!

Seborrheic dermatitis here (supposedly) 🖐 My dermatologist assumed it was due to stress and hormones (endo said hormone levels were normal), but it only flares up when there's a change in weather or if my scalp gets too oily. My flare-ups start with flakes forming on the crown of my head leaving red patches (rarely itchy).  I live in a desert area, where it's usually hot and dry 90% of the year, but on days when it's too humid or there's a drop in temp, the flakes will turn to sore patches the next day.  On average, I can't go no more than 3-4 days without washing my hair.  

Here's my current regime: 

• Corticosteroid ointment used on days when my scalp would flare-up, prescribed by derm. I try to not use it as often.  

• SUNDAY II SUNDAY SOOTHE ME Daily Scalp Serum for Dry Scalp Relief 4 oz/ 120 mL 

For in-between washes. I usually use it as a leave-in shampoo and start using it 2 days before wash day. I won't use this with my steroid -I will wait till the redness and soreness dies down. 

OUAI Detox Shampoo 

This has a better "clean" feel compared to my previous shampoo. Previously used Nizoral, but I didn't want to keep using harsh chemicals especially on the days I have to use the corticosteroid. 

• Conditioners:  amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Purple Intense Repair Hair Mask 8 oz/ 250 mL  or Joico k-pak color therapy

• Leave-in conditioner: Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  and Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil   For my dyed blonde hair (naturally thick Asian hair)

I hated using anything with tea tree oil because it never felt clean - always felt like there's a film on my scalp. I've used Head and Shoulders,  T-Gel, DIY apple cider vinegar formulas, etc which all sucked because my hair would always feel dry and my scalp never felt clean.  So far, the above items have helped me. It's not the best solution, but better than what I've tried so far. I hope this helps ❤

It definitely sounds like the seborrheic dermatitis I’ve been dealing with for quite some time now. Was finally diagnosed by a new dermatologist a couple months ago after trying to figure out what was wrong for over 8 months. 
The things that have helped me the most are-

Nizoral shampoo (you can use it on your body as well) it’s main ingredient is an anti fungal. 

My dermatologist recommended CLN they make great products they’re a little pricey but worth it and you can use it as shampoo and body wash, face wash. 
Niaciamide is what you want in a moisturizer and it doesn’t take a lot. I recommend the Skinfix and CLN. 
take probiotics if you aren’t already. Love Wellness makes great ones-Gut Feelings, Clear Skin, and good girl probiotics.

Cut way back on sugar and gluten. Look up an anti candida diet. Don’t use Vaseline on it either. Best of luck! I know it’s rough. 

Hi @Faithyy22 this is a tricky situation/question because I was going to tell you to go see a dermatologist. If the products that he recommend aren't working, maybe your issue is stress related? myself and my mom get randomly dry, flakies patches on the body (on me, especially on my fingers, my mom on the neck and chest area). We went to a dermatologist (a good one) and my mom got also a biopsy....result: nothing. It's dermatitis due to stress. Fun fact: he told us that he has the same skin issue as well, when his grandma passed away a few years ago, he randomly started to have itchy, flaky skin issues. He knew it was due to his nonna passing, and it was stress related. We randomly get those issues, from time to time. We can't do much about it, I use aquaphor to ease the annoying itchiness and that's it.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing