Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Recommendations needed!!

I have very thin hair, I’ve tried training my hair to be washed twice a week and I did it for months but I’m starting to get dry scalp now since I have been washing my hair less. If I wash my hair more it goes away, but my hair will be oily but my scalp is dry if that makes even any sense!

Re: Recommendations needed!!

@PolarissStar  I noticed that since I started using conditioning washes and stopped using shampoos with sulfates my scalp has been much healthier and less scaly. 

I use ones from Briogeo, Deva Curl, and Drunk Elephant, which are not sold here.  This one might be worth a try:  BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Hair Wash Gentle Milky Hair Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

I am already sulfate free in my shampoo but I will look into those! Thanks. 

@PolarissStar hi, ok....I can see what you're saying. If you use your shampoo, the scalp will be less flaky and dry probably because there is something in the formula that can make you feel less dryness. But then, the more you wash your hair, the more it gets oily because you are stripping out all the natural oils from your hair by over washing it, and so you will get oily hair because it's a natural way for your hair to protect itself from this. I suggest you to see a trichologist (dermatologist for hair) because, maybe, only a doctor can tell you what works best. I suggest you to not try any experiment, because I did that in the past and I messed up with my hair badly.

Yeah I could see that, thanks for the suggestion I will definitely try to see my dermatologist about it!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing