Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Recommendations for hair straighteners!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Right now, I'm looking to purchase a new straightener; I've had mine for about 6 years... its defintely time for a new one!

RE: Recommendations for hair straighteners!

I agree! I am a hairstylist and my babyliss never fails me!

RE: Recommendations for hair straighteners!

I've always been happy with Babyliss. My hair is curly/wavy and I don't have to fight that much to straighten it with Babyliss.

Re: Recommendations for hair straighteners!

GHD is a great brand!

Anonymous Insider

Chi.

Are there any good cordless hair straighteners?

I highly recommend the T3. I have been using mine for years. I have pretty thick hair so straightening it is a chore. I have to blow dry my hair first (my T3 hair dryer is awesome too) then use a flat iron. Recently I bought the Revlon Pro Collection One Step dryer and volumizer because I get lazy in the summer and OMG I have not used my T3 in a week. I took the Revlon on vacation and it was the best tool. If you want a less expensive tool, Id try the Revlon

My hair is thin!! If I don't flip my hair and blow dry it...

My hair is thin!! If I don't flip my hair and blow dry it, its so flat 😣. I have to tease the heeelll out of my poor hair, I'm honestly not surprised it isn't damaged. The GHD and T3 seem so popular, its hard to choose between the two lol.

Check out this bad boy! My current straightener 😂. For $...

Check out this bad boy! My current straightener 😂. For $60-$80 this is not too bad for lasting this long! I really don't like that I can't curl my hair with it. So looking at the GHD and T3, it gets me excited! Double bonuuuus.

@kaylamarmstrong - Seconding @gonerogue for GHD or T3. Personally, I've had my T3 for just on 10 years now and it's still going strong! I'm definitely going to follow this thread - it occurred to me it's been so long since I've had to purchase one that I'd have no idea what to buy! I was between these two brands when I made my purchase ages ago, and it seems like they're still really amazing products. Let us know what you get! 🙂

I will defintely let everyone know what I get and how I l...

I will defintely let everyone know what I get and how I like it! I feel like I'm leaning towards the GHD more

I'm a huge fan of the babyliss straighteners....I've had my for nearly 9 years and it still heats up quickly and works well! I have really curly hair that I basically always wear straight so this thing has been vigorously used I love it! 

I tried my aunts and I absolutely loved it! did it damage your hair? I currently use a GHD and I am looking to change it up.

Kim888 wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the babyliss straighteners....I've had my for nearly 9 years and it still heats up quickly and works well! I have really curly hair that I basically always wear straight so this thing has been vigorously used I love it! 

Thanks!! I've never heard of baby bliss, where did you pu...

Thanks!! I've never heard of baby bliss, where did you purchase yours??

@kaylamarmstrong The classic GHD 1" straightener gets my vote.  My favorite flat iron spray is Paul Mitchell's Hot off the Press.

i third (?) ghd...the classic 1" straightener is worth every penny (and isn't too many pennies compared to some other options). i use mine to even out some of my unruly waves, so it's also foolproof when it comes to curling.

And I really want a straightener that can also curl!!

And I really want a straightener that can also curl!!

That's 2 for GHD straighteners!!! Lol thanks for your rep...

That's 2 for GHD straighteners!!! Lol thanks for your reply, its much appreciated! 😊

@kaylamarmstrong I would recommend a GHD or T3 straightener if you are willing to splurge. They are really good at straightening without frying your hair. I got both of mine on Hautelook about a year or two ago and paid about 50% of the retail price.

Thanks for the reply!! I've actually been looking at the...

Thanks for the reply!! I've actually been looking at the ghd platinum tropic skies straightener, its soooo prettyy 😍😍!!! But I'm the type of person who sometimes sees a few bad reviews and my reaction is 😱😱😱. Its been sitting on my loves list for about a month now, I'm close to buying it!! That limited edition right above the name makes me feel like I need to grab it asap. I just checked out hautelook, and they ship to Canada! So I'll see if they have either of these straighteners, I love to save money when I can!

HOT Tools is great!

HOT Tools is great!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
testing