Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Products that help repair after Olaplex Damage

Hi there everyone. I noticed my hair thinning after my experience with olaplex no 3. Are there any products that people tried or heard of that help with hair thinning/loss?

Thank you! And Im sorry for everyone experiencing damage from olaplex!

Tags:

Re: Products that help repair after Olaplex Damage

I actually had a conversation with a Sephora employee about this today. I wish I got her name so I could shout her out! I have dark curly hair and I’m going through the same thing. She said the amount of protein that is in their formulas isn’t great for all hair types (best for blondes) and frequent use just makes it worse. She said it should be used once a month, tops. She suggested weekly hair masks to restore the moisture that the excessive amount of protein removed. Use minimal heat. I bought the ordinary’s multi peptide hair density serum today and she said this was a good first step. I also bought a scalp clarifier to use before I start a new shampoo and conditioner. Hope this helps!

Olaplex 0/3 doesn’t contain protein and 4/5 only have trace amounts for formula balance - sounds like that employee may have been confusing it with another product. 

@Olaplex 

Are you reading these? You are okay with Sephora employees misinforming the public about your products? 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing