Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Products for poliosis or white hair?

Hello. My hair has changed tremendously after my pregnancy. I have poliosis and have been coloring it for decades but post pregnancy my hair breaks more. I’m looking for hair products on Sephora to try? I’m trying to grow out my white hair more since coloring it at home just makes my hair more sensitive. I currently have breakage in the bang areas ( kid likes to pull my hair).Any suggestions for care ( shampoos/ conditioners/leave in conditioners ) and styling products? I have been eyeing some Christophe Robin products because I also do have hard water unfortunately.

Re: Products for poliosis or white hair?

@madcapdresser 

Other then where your Poliosis is, do you have any greys? I find it really cool. It makes you unique. 
For hard water, I really urge you to pick up a Sprite shower head, you can get it at Lowe’s. Any product suggestions I give you for hard water will work, but then you redeposit the minerals right back in when you rinse your hair. The Sprite shower head is very reasonably priced and I installed mine myself (and literally I’m the least handy person alive). 
Once you’ve got the shower head, use Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo 5.4 oz/ 160 mL to get those deposits out of your hair. 
For Breakage I’m going to suggest you pick up some Redken Anti Snap Leave In Conditioner  and apply it globally, don’t just focus on your bangs. Then get whatever Christophe Robin products you were looking at. 

Re: Products for poliosis or white hair?

Thank you for the shower head tip! Will definitely check that out. Yes I do have gray hair too. Unfortunately white/gray hair is a very different texture from what I’m use so styling it with my regular hair is something I’m trying to get use to. I am growing it out from now on. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing