Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Products for growing out my hair

I am trying to grow out my short hair style, what products do you recommend?  I especially have wings hair on the sides.

Re: Products for growing out my hair

Products will not help you grow your hair no matter what they promise. They can help prevent split ends etc. so you won’t have to trim so often. You have to address the issue from within. Personally I was super impressed by viviscal. My hair grows like crazy after this. You have to use it for at least 3 months to see results, it’s not cheap ( about $50 a month) but so worth it! As a supplement junky I am SUPER IMPRESSED . Also check our diet. Hair loves proteins

@Gingiepie  No product is going to make you hair grow faster but there are plenty of products and tips on how to grow your hair out healthily so it splits less and needs fewer trims.  
Reshaping your ‘wings’ by either blow drying or straightening them and then following with a light hair spray to hold the new shape can help you get past the awkward wing stage.  Barrettes and hair bands/accessories can keep your hair looking stylish while it’s in ‘the in between’;) 
Taking a multivitamin to encourage healthy new growth is a good idea.  regularily using a lightweight oil on you ends while they’re still damp can coat them sealing moisture in and delay the hair splitting so you can extend time between hair cuts.  
And don’t be afraid of getting trims and reshaping done.  If you explain to your hairdresser your goal of growing out length they can shape your hair in a flattering way that will look good as it grows out.  

There is no product on earth that will help you grow your hair. That’s just not biologically how it works. So anyone saying use this oil or cream, is only saying this bc of a lack of education. To help grow healthy hair and nails it comes down to a healthy diet, lots of water, and the right multivitamins. But most of all I found out your secret to having beautiful fast growing hair, unfortunately it’s genetics. 

@Gingiepie Do you take a daily multivitamin? To me, that's the most helpful. Not a hair-specific vitamin but just a regular multivitamin from Walmart or Target. When your body is low on nutrients (or you get really sick), your body will conserve your nutrients for your vital functions and your hair and nails will suffer first.

Biotin specifically helps hair grow faster, buf it gives some people acne 

Yes I take a women vitamins daily long with extra vitamin C, B3 and zinc also. Living in the Midwest needing extra supplements. Thank you for your help.

hello so first using scalp oil and scalp care products can help but also make sure to take. are of your ends so they don’t break off as fast as your hair is growing so it’ll look like your hair is actually growing and not staying the same length!

This is false. There is no gel, cream, or oil that makes hair grow faster. That is not how our biology works. Hair brown depends on your health, diet, hydration and genetics. 

What oil products do you recommend? I am on a budget.

@Gingiepie  Something lightweight is all that’s needed.  You just want to a light application on ends to seal the cuticle down to prevent splitting from occurring so you can go longer between trims.  shu uemura Tsuyu Sleek Blow Dry Hair Oil 6.8 oz/ 200 mL  is on my favorite products of the month list.  It acts as both a heat protectant and creates shine without weighing hair down.  It’s lovely.  I reccomend spraying it into your hands and rubbing them together and then applying to get a more even application (I recommend this with any hair oil) 

Do not buy any oil products it’s not going to actually help your hair grow faster. 

@Gingiepie 

Its hard to say without knowing the length and what you want to achieve. Purely by how you described the “wings” a mini flat iron or very small round brush with your blow dryer could help shape those pieces. 

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing