Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Products for fine hair

I have fine hair. What is the best shampoo or product to give me more body without weighing down my hair?

I sympathize; I have fine hair and not a lot of it. A cou...

I sympathize; I have fine hair and not a lot of it. A couple years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the Phyto line of products, which Sephora has recently begun carrying. After trying out a few of the products, I found a formula that works for me. I have noticed much less damage, stronger, healthier, shinier and thicker hair.

I use Phytocyene shampoo, and Phytodensium conditioner. I also use Phyto's styling gel (a very small amount) in my wet hair before blow drying (Sephora does not yet carry this). I have also tried the Phytodensium and Phytocyene serums, and the dietary supplements for hair and nails. The Phytocyene serum is amazing for my hair, and the dietary supplement definitely gave me longer and thicker lashes, and thicker nails. I love these products because they also use a ton of natural/naturally derevied ingredients.

Let's talk money: If you are looking for a high quality product, there is a heftier price than if you were to buy Pentane or something. But it's so worth it. Yes, the costs to start buying these types of products is higher than one would normally like to pay, however, you will find that they last quite some time; the shampoo lasts me about 2 months (I just use half a cap full each morning), the gel about 2 months, and the conditioner has lasted me up to 4 months. So while the initial cost is much higher, the overall cost may not be much more than buying drug store brands, and you will get better quality products with higher quality ingredients that promote the overall health of your hair.

I remember about two weeks into switching to Phyto, I was driving in my car with the windows down on a beautiful day and my hair was flying everywhere. I had never seen it so shiny and healthy in my life. I love it.

I am sure that there are other great boutique brands (davines is another), but I am very biased towards Phyto as I have had nothing but success with their products for several years.

I hope this helps!!

You HAVE to try the new Living proof Full shampoo and con...

You HAVE to try the new Living proof Full shampoo and conditioner! I just got them and let me tell you my hair is HUGE as a result! So lightweight and yet very hydrating and adds lots of shine!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing