Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Product to tame flyaways in fine, straight hair??

I have fine, straight "scandinavian" hair that gets super static and dry in the winter. What product would be best for me to prevent flyaways?

Tags (4)

Re: Product to tame flyaways in fine, straight hair??

Definatly Iles Formula finishing serum. Check out the reviews they will convince you this is your product!

There are many products that do the job but what works well for me is spraying hairspray on my hands then stroke my hair to tame the flyaways!

A super cheap effective solution is actually found at the drugstore- John Frieda makes a product called Full Repair Flyaway Tamer- it is applied with a mascara-like wand and helps those little hairs lay down without the crunchy effect of hairspray.

Lylysa is right about a light hairspray to help keep thin...

Lylysa is right about a light hairspray to help keep things controlled. When I read her post I had a little light bulb tip moment... Smiley Happy

After you mist the hairspray try smoothing the hair down with body if the spray canister. Fingers and palms can stick to freshly applied product but the spray bottle will glide over your hair, locking down those strays instead of making a bigger mess! Remember to have a light touch as the point isn't to mash the hair flat only catch the stragglers. 

There are alot of hair glosses that you could apply as a...

There are alot of hair glosses that you could apply as a finishing touch also. Hope this helps!

Believe it or not, Oscar Blandi makes an anti-static hair...

Believe it or not, Oscar Blandi makes an anti-static hairspray!

http://www.sephora.com/lacca-hairspray-P211349?skuId=1126341, Lightly mist it at roots from six or eight inches away (you don't want to saturate your hair) or even spray your hand and run it over your roots to prevent applying too much!

Hi akkj,   One of my favorite ways to tame fly-always whi...

Hi akkj,

One of my favorite ways to tame fly-always while at the salon is to take a natural bristle grooming brush or what I would call an "up-do brush" and apply a coat of hair spray to it then lightly skim over the top of you hair. This must be done after the hair is styled but if you are looking for a preemptive strike product try investing a quality leave-in conditioner and/or light oil. My favorites are UNITE's 7Seconds Condition and U Luxury Oil but I am obsessed with the whole line so I may be a little biased Smiley Happy

Just be sure to find an oil that is not too heavy and will absorb into the hair well while not leaving it feeling greasy. 

The winter months can leave our hair feeling drier than normal so also having a great in-the-shower conditioner to help keep your hair feeling supple and moisturizer is a great idea. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors