Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Product suggestions for lifeless damaged hair!!

Hey fellas! I need help for my damaged hair. I have not been kind to my hair with only using store-bought shampoos and conditioners. My hair has been damaged and lost its shine. After I shampoo, it gets oily within 2-3 days and I can't leave them open. Any recommendations from where to start or which products to start with to get life back in them - make them silky and shiny. Thanks!! 

Tags:

Re: Product suggestions for lifeless damaged hair!!

Hi @silkyway,

I have lifeless, dry hair (sad face) and the OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil 3 oz/ 98.9 mL is my secret for shiny, lovely smelling hair. I apply it to my damp hair after taking a shower and my wavy hair looks shiny and healthy.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

<333

I second the OUAI Rose hair oil with @PenelopeBT as well! Although I have kind of combo hair (oily if not washed, but needs hydration), I still love to use this oil after I shower because it makes my hair look amazing and smell sooo good!

@silkyway Once I started using sulfate-free shampoo I noticed a dramatic change in my hair.  I use Pureology Hydrate 🙂  I am also a real believer in It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  Best of luck!  I think you have a lot of good recs from BICers!!!

Pureology hydrate has made an incredible difference in my hair!

Hey girl @silkyway, Hair Stylist here! My hair is incredibly silky and shiny. I colour treat every 4 weeks, use heat everyday and have Keratin in my hair - it's been through a lot. The only products that keep my hair healthy are Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL this is a pre-shampoo treatment (not conditioner). Wet your hair, apply from mid-shaft to ends, you do not need to over saturate. This will not feel slippery in the hair, there is no silicine. Leave on minimum 10 minutes and shampoo out with Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL. This is my FAVORITE ever created. You need a tiny amount and you emulsify with water in your hands before applying to your scalp. I like to finish with a treatment like KéRASTASE - Reflection Mask for Color-Treated Hair.

Thanks for the recommendation @GG84 and @CC3616!! I have also read good reviews on living proof perfect hair day shampoo and conditioner. Have you tried it? Which would you recommend among olaplex and living proof?

I am not happy about Living Proof products 😞 

I have tried the living proof shampoo and conditioner restore line. I think it's okay and will use it (such as having a foil or small bottle to travel with), but between the two I would definitely purchase olaplex @silkyway

@silkyway I second @GG84 and also would recommend olaplex products. My stylist couldn't believe how soft, silky, and healthy my hair looked after I started using them. I color treat every 6 weeks and heat style 2-3x weekly. I have long, wavy/curly hair that damages easily. I have recently been trying to use up some odds and ends hair products that were half used, etc and noticed a HUGE difference in my hair when it wasn't olaplex. Without olaplex it was dry, brittle, frizzy, and I would have huge knots in the ends of my hair trying to dry it with a vented brush even after using a wet brush. So much less frizz and static this winter too using olaplex!

A bottle of the number 3 lasts me approximately 3 months using it each time I wash (1-2 times weekly), and the shampoo might last forever at the rate it's going. GG is right that a TINY bit of the shampoo is all it takes. I follow with a mask instead of conditioner similar to GG, I currently use Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment 8 oz/ 227 g. I held off for a long time on investing in olaplex because of the price but my only regret is not jumping in sooner. 

I tried olaplex no 3 for the first time.and it left my hair so dry and frizzy. Totally not expecting. Any idea why? @CC3616 @greeneyedgirl107 @GG84

@silkyway I've never tried it myself, so I can't weigh in.  Sorry!  🙂

@silkyway I really like using AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Maskit brought my hair back to life. I also like OUAI REPAIR Conditioner 8.45 oz/ 250 mLaand OUAI - REPAIR Shampootthey have really helped my hair! 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing