Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Product suggestion for air dried hair

Hey guys! I air dry my hair after the shower and I am looking for a leave in spray to use on it that will make it soft once it dries. My hair is pretty thin, dry and coarse, and I use moisturizing products in the shower, but I need a little more help outside of it. I am looking for something that will just leave it extra soft and moisturized. My hair is about mid way down my back, not colored, but I do use heat on it maybe twice a week, with a heat protectant. I just don't want something too heavy for my thin locks. Thank you for your suggestions!

Re: Product suggestion for air dried hair

Hi @AmberL11 I have longish fine hair. I find less is more when it comes to any hair products. 🙂

My favorite routine for air drying right now is using Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum 3 oz / 90 mL ( about half a pump while my hair is damp) it has antioxidants and is nourishing, ( and it doubles as a heat protectant if I choose to blow dry) after that,

I use a very little of  either Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother 3.3 oz/ 100 mL or JVN Mini Complete Hydrating Air Dry Hair Cream 1 fl oz / 30 mL 

Just about a pea sized amount. These help with soft and smoothness 😉

Last step is a tiny bit of,

Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil again, just a little to help seal in the moisture of my routine and protect my hair. I only use this on the ends and lengths of my hair below my ears.

I hope this helps ❤️

@CynthieLu That is a really great point about adding in something with heat protection to your air dry regimen.

My hair looks and feels better when I use the Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum 3 oz / 90 mL air dry or heat style,  I think it's an awesome bonus it can do both 😉 @Mel231 

I have no reason to know if this is true but I’ve been having trouble with my hair being frizzy and somewhat thinning. I’m in my late 60s and this is a new thing, but I started taking vitamin A and E. My hair seems to be softer and maybe a little less frizzy.

@AmberL11 I have yet to find the perfect air dry product, but my go-to is Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It Fine (sorry, it won't link to the product).  It leaves my hair soft and not weighed down, and has a slightly shiny finish.  For extra moisture, you can layer it over Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil, and even Bumble and bumble Save the Day Daytime Protective Repair Fluid 3.2 oz/ 95 mL .  When use the three products together, I start with Save the Day, then add a little oil, and lastly the Don't Blow It Cream.

@AmberL11 Sun Bum 3 in 1 leave in conditioner 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing