Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Post Partum Hairloss, any recommendation?

I’m 7mos post partum, i have a extreme hairloss, what shampoo you can recommend? Thanks in advance

Re: Post Partum Hairloss, any recommendation?

It is totally normal and you should notice less loss within a couple more months but if you feel it isn’t slowing it could be a few things.

taking care of a newborn is stressful and exhausting puts strain on you, especially if you are breastfeeding. So minimize stress ( tough with a baby I know) eat a healthy diet lots of protein to help hair growth.

You aren’t alone and if within the next few months you feel it hasn’t subsided ask your OBGYN 🙂  but there isn’t a shampoo that prevents hair loss 🤷‍♀️

Post Partum Hairloss, any recommendation?

If it's hormonal hair loss (and, most female hair loss is...), Pura D'Or Hair Thinning Shampoo will help as would the supplement Saw Palmetto.

Anyone breastfeeding should NEVER take supplements (including vitamins) without consulting with their ob or lactation consultant.  What might be fine for an adult can become quickly toxic in an infant.

RE: Post Partum Hairloss, any recommendation?

I am 5 months postpartum and my hair is falling out in chunks. From what I’ve heard it’s super normal and should stop for you soon. I feel like if it goes on any longer for me I won’t have any hair left. Between it falling out and my baby pulling it out. Hope it gets better for you.

You should speak to your OB or lactation consultant--this can be caused by hormones or certain vitamin or mineral deficiencies that an over the counter topical product can't fix.  Some of those deficiencies can become serious, particularly if you are breast feeding, so take care of yourself mama!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing