Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
Anonymous Insider

Perfumed Hair Mists

Can anyone recommend a warm smelling hair mist? Not to over powering, but just enough. Also, ensuring that the chemicals with in the mist won't be damaging to my hair! 

Re: Perfumed Hair Mists

I really want to try the Byredo Gypsy Water Hair Perfume, but I'm not sure it's worth it.  Has anyone tried this product before that could give me a bit of insight on it?

I have the Mojave Ghost Hair mist and totally not worth it. I thought it would be a cheaper way to wear the fragrance but it is VERY subtle. Not worth it. 

What I have done in the past is use essential oils. I would fill a small container, preferably with a cover, with water and add essential oils and then mix it up (as well as you can as oil and water don't mix) and I then add it to my hair. The amount of oil added is based on how strong you want the scent to be. I only add this to my ends, because if they become a bit damp, they dry the fastest. This way is all natural. I have used lavender oil, and have loved it. It is very subtle.

@Anonymous I totally agree with the Tocca recs.  A less expensive option would be a body spray.  🙂

I read that you can spray perfume onto a hair brush and then brush the fragrance into your hair. The alcohol should dissipate and won't transfer onto your hair that way.

A hair mist that I like is Pacifica's Island Vanilla. 

Hi Karlemar, I highly recommend Tocca's Hair Fragrance. I've purchased a ton of hair mists and this is the first one where I don't feel like I'm spraying perfume on my hair. It contains moisturizing oils so it's not going to dry your hair out. I think Jemly is spot on with the Cleopatra and Stella recommendations. I have Stella and it's on the sweeter side but it's really lovely. 

hi @Anonymous ! no doubt, check out TOCCA 'cleopatra' ! the brand describes it as a 'warm floral'. presuming the hair version is similar to the perfume, it has a base of musk, vanilla and amber, and top/middle notes of citrus and white flowers. it's not too floral in my opinion. alternatively, 'stella' is very citrus with a sandalwood base. i suppose it means what you mean by 'warmth' 🙂

these won't be as drying as a dry shampoo. BUT if you don't mind a bit of that, then yes, NIRVANA bourbon as mentioned below is the warmest scent i've come across. 

Do you like Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir? I find it's a nice warm fruity scent if you're into those. Great for a night out, maybe not for the office.

Hm... It's not a mist per se, but a dry shampoo and the scent may be what you're looking for. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon is a really nice warm scent, and as a dry shampoo it works better than any dry shampoo I've used. I don't know if you're interested in a dry shampoo, but the scent you described made me thing of that. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing