Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex hair loss???

Hey!! I’ve been reading a lot about olaplex and hair loss and I’m curious if you’ve experienced that was it on dyed hair or undyed ?? Cus I’ve noticed a dryness in my hair...I’ve used it for about two weeks ... and I don’t dye my hair....

Thnxx 🙂

Olaplex Mini No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

Re: Olaplex hair loss???

I've been using #olaplex 3 monthly for about 2 years now and haven't noticed any hair loss.  I have fine hair that was regularly colored and bleached until 2 years ago. No dyes since then.  I heat style about once each week.

Please read my story...

What story? You keep commenting on Olaplex posts but I cannot seem to find the story that you keep referencing............

I'vRe: Olaplex hair loss???

Dryness isnt going to make your hair fall out, nor is olaplex. I've got colored and highlighted hair myself and use it on every one of clients and have never had a single person report this issue, ever. Keep in mind that as humans, we have seasonal shed periods as well, and September/October followed by April/May are our two biggest shed seasons. 

Dryness is common this time of year -- what conditioner are you using? Keep in mind that Olaplex #3 isnt a conditioner and doesnt add moisture, so you're going to need to add some kind of conditioning to your routine. During the winter with indoor heating and overall drier air, you might even want to supplement with a moisture mask after you shampoo out your No.3. One I really like is Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL - it pairs great with olaplex for a super intense dose of hydration. 

I have been using olaplex for a few months now and notice very large clumps of my hair fall out in the shower- and I mean A LOT! I stopped using it and noticed such a difference. I asked my hair dresser and she thought I was crazy. I wasnt sure if it was because the shampoo is very thick and heavy? My hair is coloured. 

I am experiencing the exact same thing! Once I realized it I freaked out, my hair is so thin now. I began using a new heat tool and Olaplex #6 and #7 around the same time. I discontinued the tool but now think it may be the Olaplex. 

Hi @sparklybrunette! I personally experienced this issue with dyed and highlighted hair. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing