Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex fried my hair

I purchased olaplex 0, 3, and 8 in August at a Sephora store because I kept hearing about how amazing it is for color treated hair. After using 0 + 3 exactly as the instructions say to, huge patches of my hair were completely fried. Straw, brittle, breaking. My hair is to the middle of my back and was beautiful. Not anymore. Olaplex destroyed it. My hair was NOT like that prior to use, it was literally the most abrupt turnaround in my hair I've ever seen in my life. My stylist commented on all the damage the next time I saw her because she knew I didn't leave the salon like that. The reviews on olaplex 3 on Sephora look like they're being trolled by olaplex advocates from the company who are downvoting negative reviews. Of the 3,600 reviews, if you filter by "verified purchases" there are only about 300 and they aren't as glowing - many of them report similar damage from this product. I've always trusted Sephora but I'm horrified that they sell this product and allow their review sections to be taken over by frauds. My hair has never been this damaged, the fried parts continue to break although the damage hasn't gotten worse since I stopped using olaplex. It will take years to grow back out.

Re: Olaplex fried my hair

Yes, indeed lots of olaplex products are like that. Although I do have some olaplex products that are AMAZING. I attached the products right here:

Sadly the same thing happened to me. After using Olaplex products for a year with amazing results, I decided to get the 0 pre-treatment, and it absolutely fried my hair, I just got it all cut off. My hairstylist told be she had other customers with the same experience. My advice, if you have fine hair, and your hair isn't completely damaged, then don't use 0. 

I just experienced this last weekend! 

I used Olaplex 3 by itself for a long time and it worked well, but after reading about how good 0 was to add to the routine, I tried it and my hair is ruined! It's crispy and so much has broken off and conditioning isn't helping. I take a lot of pride in my hair and am so upset about what this product has done. - You're right. It's going to take a long time to grow it back and repair it. I'm sorry this happened to you too. 

Buyer beware. 

I had similar experience the first time I used it was amassing but the second time my hair was extremely frizzy  😩. I think it has to do with the way I applied it and using the the shampoo and conditioner from olaplex. I’m still looking for ways to revert my hair even trying number 0 with 3 to see if they will change things. I agree with you though there are no negative reviews online and anyone who speaks out is harassed or told they just didn’t use the product correctly 😡

Take a look at all of the similar stories on the “Olaplex 3 and hair loss” thread. The damage these products are causing is horrific! I would recommend filing a complaint with the FDA with the details of your case and proof that it was the Olaplex products. Maybe even a link to the other thread so they can read the other stories. They’ve got to look into and put a stop to this ASAP! 

I will check it out, thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing