Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex and Major hair loss!!

Has anyone out there been experience sudden hair loss (or just noticed) from using any olaplex products? Specifically, Olaplex #3?  My hair was gorgeous 6-8 months ago, but after using olaplex shampoo & conditioner and olaplex #3 for a few months, my hair began falling about in groves! I stopped using it many months ago, but my hair is still falling out. I contacted the company, and of course they say their product is not linked to hair loss -- of course they sl say that. Not one other product has ever caused my hair to fall out like olaplex and no other health  conditions nor products can be attributed to my major hair loss. What in the world is in these products?? Can somebody please help or share their experience. Have Mercy! Make it stop! Olaplex, I am so mad at you! I wish somebody could get to the bottom of this! I urge you to be careful with these products. I know they've been hyped, but I know this is not just me and I hope to get to the bottom of this or at least find something to grow my hair back. It has been a nightmare!!

Re: Olaplex and Major hair loss!!

Hi! I’m going through this too. Have you found any product that helps?

No, what a bummer! I have been using the whole line for two years straight with no loss. Recently added the oil and mask. I’m sorry this is happening to you!

You are not alone this is a huge issue with the brand. You can even go back there’s lots of people that have experienced hair loss with that brand. I haven’t used the brand personally because when I read the ingredients they are advertised as everyday products but they have so much proteins in their products that they are definitely more treatments then everyday products. Too much protein actually makes hair weak and brittle and break or hair loss. I’m not a fan of Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL  or any of the line. Did nothing for my hair personally. I highly suggest the Moroccanoil Hydrating Shampoo 16.9 oz/ 500 mL and Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner. no proteins but full of oils and butters instead to replenish your hair. Stick with the hydrating line not the repair hydrating line as that line as proteins. If you did want to try Briogeo then they have a protein free mask Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL that is pretty good ! Good luck 

Thank you so much for your detailed and informative response!! 

I also have been having luck with Bondi Boost HG Shampoo & Conditioner. I have only been using for about a month, but it makes my hair feel amazing. It cleanes nicely without stripping and the Conditioner is perfect. Hydrates without weighing hair down. I probably should take a closer look at the ingredients, but they looked good and they are definitely amazing on my hair. 

Thanks for your feedback and recommendations. Will also try the Moroccanoil s & c!! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors