Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex No 6 vs No 7

I tried Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL and really loved the product. I've been looking at No. 6 or No. 7 to add to my routine, but would prefer not getting both. I have super straight, long, dark hair and just blow dry or air dry my hair 95% of the time. I currently use Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL but feel like I have to use more of it than I'd like and reapply to keep my hair hydrated enough, so I'm looking for a change. Anyone recommend one over the other btwn OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme vs Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL? I've been leaning toward No.7 since it's an oil like the Moroccanoil, but don't know if it's only good if used in combination with No. 6? Any personal experience on these products would be helpful! 

Tags:

Re: Olaplex No 6 vs No 7

@mlie 

You are looking at very different products. 
Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is not a water soluble oil meaning it continues to coat your hair despite you shampooing it out.
OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme is a leave in/styler. You may use it before you blow dry and you will lock out frizz for 72 hours it also provides heat protection. You may add a small amount on dry hair to your ends and it works beautifully. 
Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is a light serum that is water soluble. It can be used before flat ironing for high heat protection, has uva and uvb filters in it. 
I would go with OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

Re: Olaplex No 6 vs No 7

Thanks for the help @GG84! Really good to know/understand how different products can be, and appreciate the information along w/ the recommendation! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing