Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Olaplex No.4 and No.5

Ok guys, you know I had to start a whole convo about Olaplex launching new products! Which are the bond maintenance No.4 Shampoo and No.5 Conditioner. I'm absolutely in looooove! Olaplex has done it again! I went in with high expectations because the rest of the Olaplex system is life changing and I was scared to be disappointed. However, that was clearly not the case. After the first use, I was impressed by the scent, the small amount I needed for my thick hair and how my hair felt afterward. After a couple uses I was completely sold that this was the best shampoo and conditioner combo I've ever tried! Which is saying a lot because I'm not normally impressed by any shampoo and conditioner. I have vivid color hair and it wasn't stripping, the consistency is thick but it didn't weigh down my hair at all, and made it shiny, soft, and moisturized! As if it wasn't good enough there, they also contain the active ingredient in the rest of the Olaplex system that helps repair and maintains the bonds in your hair! Using the full at home system. No.3 (at home treatment) No.4 and No.5 is an amazing way to live your best hair life! 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Olaplex No.4 and No.5

My hair feels a lot thicker. I have curly hair and it's tamed the frizz while keeping it curly. I'm loving it. A little goes a loooooong  way. 

Olaplex No.4 and No.5

Im obsessed with the 4 & 5!!. My hair is highly bleached, and frizzy, and these 2 products have changed my hair. I have a thyroid condition, and my hair would come out in handfuls. Ive been using them for about a month, and the frizz control is amazing, and so is the shine. Also, my hair gets better with ea use. My hair is no longer coming out, and my scalp feels healthy. 💗

RE: Olaplex No.4 and No.5

Thanks for everyone’s feedback! Something I found helpful after more uses is that I left the No.5 conditioner in a little longer when I have the time, at least 10 minutes and I felt all the more softer! It’s important to keep in mind the No.3 is the actual treatment and will give you the biggest results for at home use, No.4 and No.5 are a great pairing to it because of the active ingredient the No.3 has and moisturizing properties! I like to try and use a product for a solid month to determine how I really feel because sometimes you see results with a few uses.❤️

So i got just the conditioner. I don't have dyed hair so I was looking at it mostly from the frizz reduction stand point. I've only used it once but I do think it did a decent job at making my hair overall less frizzy. I'm not sure if it was enough of a difference to justify the price tag over john frieda though. Right now with how humid it's been puff/frizz is a big issue for me so I think this could definitely be a "summer" product for me 

Actually I think the shampoo helps with the frizz. they w...

Actually I think the shampoo helps with the frizz. they work together. I usually have huge hair, since I live in the south. with 4&5 I can actually air dry(never have I been able to do that)

I was sucked in by all the five star reviews, and also because I have used Olaplex 5 and find it to be a wonderful product. So yea, was expecting something marvelous with the shampoo and conditioner, I mean gee those reviews are dazzling!!

After a few days of use I can say that the product is decent but really nothing special at all, I have got the same results with Pantene. My hair wasnt left soft or shiny, qualities I do get from other brands such as DryBar, Alterna and Moroccanoil. I wrote a fairly comprehensive and fair review of the products but Sephora didnt approve it. After digging a little it seems many people were given these products to review, a nice gift from Sephora, but I do think freebies tend to sway people into writing wonderful, positive words when in fact that isnt always the case.

@ashjaz @shanda53033 I've been curious about Olaplex because everyone raves about it.  It's interesting that you both had such different experiences.  I have to ask--how does it smell?

@CookieGirl1

Interestingly, I sell Olaplex Professionally, meaning to Salon owners - I have a lot of insight on the brand. There isn't a distinguishing scent to No.4 and No.5 - it's up to each nose's discretion. Some smell a fine wine, others smell lemon verbena, cherry, others sweet tarts...you will never hear Olaplex descrive the scent because that's up to you and whatever notes you pick up. 

@GG84Unidentified Huh, that's actually really interesting   I'm someone who always loves to smell a hair product before I buy it and that's kinda cool that the Olaplex has a multidimensional scent.  I'm intrigued. 

@CookieGirl1,

I'm not very good at breaking down and describing scents.  The best that I can do is tell you that the scents of the shampoo and the conditioner are light and refreshing, very pleasant, delicious.  I really think that you will like them.   

I received these as a Gratis from Sephora.

Olaplex No.4 and No.5

I love Olaplex as well & have numbers 1, 2, & 3 so when I saw they were coming out with Shampoo & Conditioner I bought it asap. Well yesterday was my first time using it & I'm sad to report that it didn't do anything special for my bleach blonde slightly damaged hair. In fact, it seemed to really dry my ends out. I'm wondering if anyone else came across this?

I have really similar hair and I struggled with it a bit at first, but I discovered it was mostly user error on my part -  I'm pretty dang obsessed now, lol!

Its really, really important that you leave the conditioner in for at least 3 minutes, otherwise the active ingredients dont have a chance to penetrate and you're basically just wasting product.

Its also SUPER thick, so I've found its really helpful to take a wide toothed shower comb like BRIOGEO - Rose Quartz Crystal Energy Comb (obviously cheaper combs are fine, you just want that same shape with the smooth, wide teeth) and comb your #5 through the hair to ensure even distribution. I'm used to runnier conditioners and before I started combing it through, i realized it was kind of just sitting on the outside layers of my hair and not really getting fully distributed, particularly on the underside of my hair. This is probably particularly important if you have a lot of hair. 

Hope this helps! I am in LOVE with 4 & 5 after I made these two small changes to how i used it. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing