Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

Hello!  What do you think of the Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3?  I'm looking for a treatment to de-frizz my very thin and curly/wavy hair.  I don't want to sacrifice much volume either.   Thanks!

Re: Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

Olaplex #3 is a disulfide bond builder - it will relink the broken disulfide bond to repair and prevent further damage. Regular use of it with a moisturizing conditioner can help tackle the root cause of frizz (porosity issues) -- but if you're wanting a more immediate result, I'd actually suggest a combination of their styling products, Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil and Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 

RE: Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

Hi! I don’t think Olaplex 3 will sacrifice volume at all. Please, read the “how to use” for Olaplex 3. I think the mixed reviews are bc people use it wrong. Olaplex will not moisturize your hair. It’ll treat it making it stronger and healthier. You have to use it BEFORE shampooing and conditioning, on damp hair, for at least 10 minutes. I use it for 30 minutes. After washing your hair, the Olaplex3 treatment only will not make your hair soft and silky. So I wash it out and put a moisturizing hair mask on. I have tried thousands and my favorite is the Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil.

Re: RE: Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

Thank you!  Okay, I'm thinking I may stick that purchase out then.  It sounds like it's more for color-treated or severely damaged hair.  I'm thinking of asking my salon if I can purchase the Kerastase Fusio Dose to keep at home.

RE: Re: RE: Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

You’re welcome. I have learned a lot talking to my hair dresser, and I’ve learned that sometimes we love a product and it really fits us well, and after a while we just don’t like it anymore and we think the new bottle is bad, but it’s just that our hair doesn’t need that product/formula anymore and it’s time to look for something new that our hair needs at that time. You know? After we realize that, the whole game changes, in my humble opinion. Talk to your hair dresser and try a treatment, and be aware that after some time you may need something different. 🙂

Re: RE: Re: RE: Olaplex Hair Perfecter No. 3

Wonderful tip!!  Thank you 🙂

Hi @Rach810!

I use Olaplex 3 and I've also used the Olaplex Bond Repair Trial Kit.

Olaplex 3 works ok for my bleached and toned silver hair.  It makes my hair nice and soft for a few days when used with hair oil like Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL.

I know Olaplex has many mixed reviews from great to not so great.

Thanks, I'm probably going to try it out and see.  Also, I heard about that oil, and it sounds good for fine hair.  Thanks! 😊

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing