Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 expectations

Bottom line I need a haircut. I am wondering if I can salvage a little length by using olaplex 3. Anyone have experience with it? What are realistic expectations? Also, is the bottle single use?

Re: Olaplex 3 expectations

The salon I go to uses another pro product line hair strengthener but I use Olaplex no. 3  weekly at home in between appointments. Honestly I would recommend getting a hair cut that sacrifices some length now in order to improve the strength and overall condition long term. By getting rid of as much of the damage by cutting it you will see more benefit from Olaplex no. 3 in the condition of your hair. I know this isn’t what most want to hear, just focus on what the results in the long term will be! 

Best wishes for healthy future hair,

Someone who has dyed and bleached the ever-loving cr@p out of her hair in the past

ladystarkill3r wrote:
Bottom line I need a haircut. I am wondering if I can salvage a little length by using olaplex 3. Anyone have experience with it? What are realistic expectations? Also, is the bottle single use?

Absolutely #3 Olaplex will start mending the bonds in your hair ! Even better with continuous use! Like twice a week ! Love OLAPLEX!♥️

I love olaplex no.3 I offer it to my guests before they leave my salon, for in between Appts, I use on myself and my husband uses on his hair and beard as a leave on treatment to keep it soft. !

@ladystarkill3r Olaplex 3 is at home maintenance of Olapl...

@ladystarkill3r Olaplex 3 is at home maintenance of Olaplex 1 and 2 which are in salon services only. Yes, you may experience some of the benefits that Olaplex has to offer but even Dean Christal one of the creators of Olaplex says on a daily basis, it isnt a miracle worker. If your hair is beyond salvageable then you need a cut. If your hair isnt it that bad of shape then I would suggest investing in an Ola service where 1 and 2 can be performed. It is the only product in the world (its patented) that has the ability to get into the S03 layer of the hair and re-link disulfide bonds.

Re: @ladystarkill3r Olaplex 3 is at home maintenance of Olapl...

This is really informative. I didn't know they had 1 and 2 as salon treatments, I've never seen it offered in salons here, and I live in a major metro area. Something to look into. Thanks! 

Hi. You can go to the salon locator and find a salon near you that offers olaplex services. 

Spoiler

Yes!  They have a salon locator on the olaplex website too, so you can find a stylist really close to you 🙂

You should be able to look up salons that use olaplex in your area online but make sure to confirm that they still do olaplex services since I’ve found where I am many salons have switched to another pro line and it’s only okay not the awesomeness of olaplex that I previously experienced when I lived in another state. The internet results don’t seem to be frequently updated but it’s somewhere to start looking. 

I think finding a new stylist here was one of the best moves because she has more updated training with techniques my previous stylist wasn’t into trying at the stage she was at in her career. She and her sister had done my hair for over 30 years (first haircut and onward) but moving out of state made it necessary to find a new place for my hair needs and really take the opportunity to do new things with my hair color and style. I get  tons of compliments with the much lighter bayalage blonde and the mister loves it so what else can a girl ask for from their hair colorist!

@gg84 Thanks. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. I can...

@GG84 Thanks. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. I can definitely tell a difference. I'm getting a cut this weekend and I feel like I was able to salvage a decent amount by using olaplex first. I was also suprised how many uses I can get out of that bottle.

Re: @gg84 Thanks. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. I can...

Thank you for using Olaplex! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your results. Let us know if you have any further questions! 🙂 

hairstylist here, it is multi-use. And I've found the bes...

hairstylist here, it is multi-use. And I've found the best way to use it is overnight! You can't do it with all bond builders but totally can with Olaplex!

Olaplex is one of those love it or hate it things. Maybe...

Olaplex is one of those love it or hate it things. Maybe also see if a salon does the Brazilian split end treatment? Mine offered it as an add-on for like $30.

I did not olaplex when I tried it. it made my hair feel l...

I did not olaplex when I tried it. it made my hair feel like straw. it dried it.out really bad (hair stylist of 11 years) I prefer matrix's BOND Ultim8 System
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing