Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

keep using the clarifying shampoo every 5 days and in between keep moisture on it. I love the  Fekkai Shea butter line. The mask is amazing.  My loss stopped after about 4 -5 weeks of clarifying.  

Ahhh yes! I don’t know what’s worse, the hair loss or having a constant dry, itchy,  flaky scalp. I thought it could be a chemical reaction from the Olaplex on our scalp, but I never thought about it altering our scalps PH too.

I have legit no idea what to do either!! 

I think my next step is to look into certain oils to put directly on my scalp. I’m desperate to get some type of moisture back. I’ll keep you updated if I find something worth trying! 

I feel the exact same way I used it ONCE 7 weeks ago and my hair has not been the same. I have over 700 hairs that come out after I shower and I can pull MULTIPLE strands from one section anytime I run my hands through. It's awful I can't believe I used it once and it has ruined my hair for what feels like forever. Idk what to do anymore or if I should cut it or just let it go through it's phase but I've used jojoba oil and tea tree oil along with a leave in conditioner and supplements. It's insane it feels like it never ends 😞

wow, after one use! I have fine, curly hair and bad hair days where it's just frizzer then others. It took me 3 times to figure out what was going on, when there was a ton of hair in the shower drain. My hair RARELY came out or broke off. It WAS really strong. 

Did you guys apply the oil to your scalp + ends? 
Or did you apply the oil to just your ends?

Also, same with the moisture mask? Was it applied directly to the scalp + ends? Or just applied to the ends?

I applied my oil all over. Scalp and hair. 

I came across a hair loss problem recently. I consulted a doctor and it turned out I have a vitamin deficiency however I don't eat junk food at all. I was prescribed to take vitamins, most of which I buy at an online pharmacy ca. I hope I will notice the result soon. By the way, who can recommend a good shampoo?

Guys it’s been 3-4 weeks with zero olaplex. 4-5 ACV rinses, clarifying shampoo every other day followed by a moisture mask, and then loading on morrocan oil and yesterday I left my hair down all day and probably only lost 30 strands….. showered today and only lost 40-50 …. Is this the turning point? Is it getting better???? Please tell me it is…

I stopped all the oil. It helped. And started using purador it finally got better. But any product with bonder in it and it’s back to square one. 

The Purador is what finally stopped my shedding. Even now if I use another shampoo I will lose maybe 10 strands, but with Purador I don't lose any. Ans good news - I have TONS of baby hairs coming in! Bad news, way too many of them are grey - but I'll take what I can get!

Can I ask which purador you use? Does it make your hair dry? Do I have to use the conditioner too?

Major shedding again today I guess this was just a temporary break … back to crying myself to sleep at night 

Have you noticed any changes yet? 

I am going through the same thing, so far, I have not seen any improvement. The clarifying shampoo is really drying out my scalp as well. Not sure if I should try a moisture mask? If so, what does everyone recommend using?

Also, do you apply the oil and moisture mask to your entire head, including the scalp? Or, do you just use it on the ends of your hair?

I haven’t seen much improvement yet. I have switched to using the clarifying shampoo every other time becasue it’s so drying and I also use a moisture mask. I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Friday and I recently joined a Facebook group for people who suffered hair loss due to olaplex which has been helpful to know I’m not alone.

Is it olaplex hair loss with 96 members.  If so I just clicked join 

Thank you for the info! I am trying to figure out what moisture mask to use, my scalp is so dry and itchy now from clarifying it so much. I’m nervous to use the wrong product and make it worse :((

Are you able to accept my request for the facebook group? My first name starts with a J and my last name starts with a H. I made a Facebook account just for this.

I am not the administrator but I’m sure if you apply she will accept you.

i have been using the brigeo moisture mask in the green container … but like I said I haven’t seen much improvements I just used it becasue I knew it was protein free

Hi.  I'm not on that facebook group.  So sorry!

I use the MoroccanOil hair mask.  You can get them for $7 for packs at Sephora.  I've also thrown in Olive Oil.  It's a bit oily so best during the day wrapped in a towel for one hour.  I also use the Argan Oil mask packs bought at CVS, Rite Aid, etc.

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. I had a lull and then lost so much in one shower that I thought it was all coming out. I am almost back to normal fall out now. 

Is your hair growing back at all?

no. No hair growth. 

813 Replies
testing