Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

I definitely notice an increase of hair shedding after using Olaplex 3. I thought at first it was because of stress after my Mom passed, but then I realized even the strengthening and repair one was also doing the same thing to me, I realize it’s Olaplex. I am thinking of going to Color Wow. 

Crazy reading this thread 😞  I noticed over the last 4-5 months the back of my hair has really broken badly.  I had my hair cut 3 months ago and my hair dresser said the under layer was broken and she really should cut it up since it was broken.  But it has only gotten worse since then.  My husband said he was worried I had a tumor since my hair was so bad!  I had a hysterectomy in August 2021 so I thought it was my hormones changing from that (kept ovaries though and no other changes that I've noticed - just hair).

I started to go some Google searches on hair loss and breakage and stumbled on this thread.  I'm seeing the breakage and hair falling out and have been using Olaplex for maybe 2 years.  I use the shampoo and conditioner and the bond all the time.  I run a few times a week so need to wash my hair often.  I'm guessing the Olaplex is over-proteining my hair and causing the damage 😞  Never thought of it, but it makes sense.  I'm going to clarify it tonight and change brands and see if things get better.  My hair has been so straw-like and awful for so long I can't remember what it was like any more.

I was using Olaplex and everything was fine until I went to a new hairdresser (the one I that was bleaching my hair had no openings) this guy claimed he used Olaplex while bleaching my hair. Well the guy left me under the dryer for about 20 minutes to process and broke off parts of my hair that i didn’t notice until another hairdresser told me a month later. I tried using Olaplex once every other week and K18… didn’t notice any difference. 2 months ago I switched to Lanza. I didn’t bleach my hair from December to the end of March. Found a new hair salon. You can see where the breakage was. It’s a shame and I don’t know if it was from overusing Olaplex  (once a week) and doing a weekly mask. Since no 0 came out I just saw my hair go downhill. It’s a shame my hair went from this first pictures to now. 

09C26609-34DA-4B7F-883B-50CC71BA310A.jpeg

 my hair 3 years ago prepandemic to after the salons opened back up. 

62F97873-ED00-4B14-BD4E-EAD40557DA59.jpeg

 it looked nice until I went to this new person that when I asked for recommendations he instant messaged me. Worst thing I ever did was go to him. And then from them my hair had to be cut practically every 5 weeks 

54E5964E-127A-4967-B22B-3321C31F5AB6.jpeg

 after I had my hair bleached the last picture was a picture from over a year ago then. 

EB280980-1A1A-48D8-902D-32E0FE47AF16.jpeg

 you can see the breakage and where I am trying to grow my hair. I was able to cut a lot of it off this year and you can not tell compared to the first picture. 

Join our group on Facebook.  

Has anyone used the shes moisture Jamaican castor oil repair clarifying shampoo? I used Moroccan oil clarifying before/ not sure if it did anything. Also! Join our fb group. Look for Olaplex hair damage. We are trying to gather all in one spot to help eachother and hopefully get the company’s attention!  

i thought i was crazy until reading all these comments and reviews. i cannot believe how thin my hair has gotten and i am beyond upset! i had such full healthy thick hair and now its stringy and thin. i started thinking it was me, or it was my hair changing texture or something. then i realized, this started happening when i brought olaplex into my life. i am stopping immediately and going back to my old shampoo and conditioner.  i am so upset and i spent so much money on this stuff. i want my fullness back! i want my hair back! i want my money back!

If you have not already, feel free to join Olaplex hair loss on Facebook. It’s a group with around 50-60 of us going through the same thing right now.

The group is over 3000 strong now!!!♥️

I am not on Facebook but I would love to be a number. My hair used to be so thick and full it’s so thin and stringy now. I went to a new hairstylist and she suggested olaplex. I wish I never tried it. I hope I can get my hair back. 

THIS ENTIRE TIME I MADE MYSELF BELIEVE MY HAIR LOSS WAS FROM COVID. I had it in November of 2021. Coincidentally I bought Olaplex 3 from Amazon. I used it once. 

My hair was long and beautiful. I am a natural blonde but sometimes put highlights in…maybe once a year. My hair was on the thinner side anyway but I never had clumps of it falling out. 

I NEVER DRIED MY HAIR unless I was going out somewhere nice, it was not over processed. I had healthy hair. I would collect clumps in the shower. 

My God there should be a class action against this company. My hair is so thin now. I don’t even feel feminine anymore. 

I started a FB group for those of us with Olaplex hair loss, breakage, etc...  The women who had damage from DevaCurl did that, and got thousands of people to join - and they got a class action law suit.  I would love to get us together as well, share things that have helped, etc.  There is so much power in numbers - and we need to get the company to acknowledge this 

Hi! I’m in your Facebook group! I just joined two weeks ago. It took 1 1/2 years , but my hair is finally back to normal. Although it’s really short, olaplex caused so much damage my hair snapped off around my ears and shoulders, my long hair is gone, fortunately my curls are back and my hair is no longer brittle and doesn’t feel like straw anymore! Lmfao and all I’m using is drugstore products 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ just goes to show how olaplex is overpriced and overhyped poison . 

What is your FB group page? I would like to join please. 

Everyone should be keeping evidence of this hair loss from Olaplex...this is horrific and it causes infertility.

I agree! I am looking into if there are any class actions suits. I don’t even feel like a woman anymore. My hair fell out after one use. It was healthy and I never used flat irons or hair dye. One time a year I would get a few face framing highlights. I am so mad. It was horrific what that crap did to my hair. 

I should also add that I've had thick hair my entire life and there have never been issues with fertility in my family.

I have been trying to figure out why my hair is coming out in clumps! I finally connected it with Olaplex. I bought some two days ago and for the past two days my hair has been falling out. I used this shampoo months ago before my wedding when my hair also started to fall out then but I thought it was stress due to wedding planning. My fertility has been decreasing rapidly. It was FINE before I started using this shampoo. I'm now looking at having to do IVF. This company should be sued. PLEASE DON'T USE LADIES.

There needs to be a class action against them. 

olaplex hair damage FB group.  If we can get enough members, we can try to look into getting a Class Action Lawsuit

how do I join the Facebook group? Send the link

Hey! Pretty sure our posts with the FB link will be taken down on here. Search on Facebook “Olaplex Hair Loss” - we have about 30 members right now. 

2 Replies
testing