Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Screenshot_20211226-175730_Samsung Internet.jpg

 the mask is amazing. I've been using it for years. I use a small amount as a leave in. 

Thank you I will look into this. What do you think is better davines or fekkai? I’ve never tried either. I have washed with clarifying shampoo 5-6 times and done 3 rinses with ACV … i am not really sure when I will switch …. I have been washing every other day to try and get it more washes I usually only wash once or twice a week but if this was caused by the olaplex I want it out of my hair asap 

I Just bought the Fekkai bundle of Shea butter moisturizing  shampoo conditioner and mask from the Fekkai website. I know it works wonders for me. I ( usually) have normal hair- not dry and not oily. I think I will wash my hair again tomorrow with the clarifying shampoo. 

Let me know how you like it . I found some old samples of morrocan oil shampoo and condition so I’m trying that until I can decide I. Something and I’m still going to clarify Every other shampoo for now

So I started using olaplex 0 and 3 in October, I used it about 4 times and left it overnight twice. I did this because I saw a lot of girls on YouTube doing it and getting awesome results :(. After a couple days I started noticing I was loosing more hair than usual. At this point, I’m still loosing crazy amounts of hair and am panicking so much about it 😞 I don’t know what to do, I’m starting to also notice bald spots on the sides of my head :((

75BBA6F0-72F9-4A88-9372-D61322D94719.jpeg

BE6F8AAC-15F8-4AC9-A322-7870DFC85B5E.jpeg

Same exact thing happened to me!!! Started Olaplex 0 and 3 in November and would leave 3 in in overnight and now my hair looks exactly like yours. Lost sooo much of it over the past 2 months. I never thought it could be from Olaplex since my hairdresser praises it. 😞 I just ordered a clarifying shampoo and nioxin treatment 

@perlalejanddra  Do you have access to a dermatologist, either in person or via telemedicine?  That may be the best person to soothe your panic. ❤️

I used it twice and my hair was falling out for 1.5 months! It finally stopped a week or so ago! I have written about my experiences in this forum and longer posts, you can check and also about what I think made it stop for me and many others here which was the clarifying shampoos used to at least in theory get rid of any residue or olaplex that was still left on the hair! It took me around 4-6 washes and then it stopped as suddenly as it started since the first time I used olaplex in the beginning of November when I was literally washing it out in the shower! Not everyone one is the same but it's worth a try I think, I was desperate but I wish I would've tried the clarifying shampoos earlier than I did!  I also use a hair oil from shu uemera and other use hair oils, too that helps! 

Ok so I’ve done several ACV rinses, used morrocan oil, used clarifying shampoo, followed by a moisturizing condition with no protein and my hair feels amazing and looks shiny again, it might feel better than prior to using olaplex, BUT the shedding and hair fall will not stop!!!! I am still losing over 100 strands a day from the root and it just falls out when I brush it or touch it. When will it stop?!?! It’s been about 4-5!weeks of excessive shedding and I now have lost at least 50% of my volume and have a bald spot on the back of my head. I’ve been using this regimen of ACV, clarifying, moisture, and morrocan oil for about 2 weeks now. Does anyone have any hope of the shedding stopping?!?! 

20211205_102743_001.jpg

Have you tried hair fibers I bought some today and they are helping with my confidence 

Is that a product like topik? Does it rub off on your bed?

Yea it’s like toppik I haven’t noticed it rubbing off in my bed but honestly even if it did I would still use it to feel better about myself I hate feeling like everyone is staying at the back of my head 

I am at about 9 weeks of shedding. It has slowed a bit but I still have no idea if I will end up bald. I used clarifying shampoo today and put in some Shea butter leave in. I'm washing it once a week. I'm already a few thousand dollars into this horrible event. The dermatologist, bloodwork,  and wigs. 

I’m so sorry. I think I am lucky in the fact that I had ALOT of hair before this whole ordeal so now I have thin hair but it doesn’t look as noticeable except the spot in the back that is about an inch and half in diameter completely bald. Tho there seems to be some peach fuzz spikes pieces coming in but I’m not totally sure. I went to the doctor and all my labs came back normal but the doctor insists that it is stress, but the only stress I have is my hair falling out. She did give me a referral to a dermatologist but I’m still waiting for an appointment. She said it is very unlikely it is from shampoo or conditioner but I really don’t believe here 

Why would it be unlikely that something you put directly on your head made your hair fall out? You should ask your doctor that question.  

I was not using the treatment I was using the shampoo conditioner and hair oil

She said the there has been little to no correlation between shampoo and hair lost over the years 

Stress would cause hair fall but how would stress cause breakage? 

I mean I always have some breakage … I highlight my hair And use hot tools, well I did before this whole ordeal anyway…..so I can’t really say I have more breakage than normal.  But the hair fall is what concerned me, it started out of no where and has been severe. I found this thread while googling ever product I’ve ever used. After reading some of the posts I realized the texture of my hair had changed too; I have used the olaplex shampoo/conditioner for probably 2 years if not more…. But I never noticed the hair fall till recently. I have however noticed that it stopped working like it used to and my hair has felt dry and brittle. My only guess is that they someone changed the formula or that using for so long caused protein overload, I am really not sure. I have also read that sometimes you can develop new allergies to products over time so maybe my scalp is having some type of reaction to it now. I really wish I had the answer, all I know is that the ACV and clarifying shampoo have made my hair feel better and I just hope the excessive hair fall will stop soon or that the dermatologist can give be a better answer than my pcp

Unfortunately I have never had much luck with doctors. I'm experiencing tremendous breakage And loss with root attached. I think the shampoo and conditioner did damage as well as the treatment.  After I used used shampoo/conditioner I couldn't even get a comb through my hair. It became so dry and tangled. 

5 Replies
testing