Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Not yet.  I am going to tomorrow.  I think I have hair PTSD.  Every time I think, "Oh, it's stopped breaking off.  Maybe I'll deal with it until it grows out" I then look at a photo of me and it looks like I've lost over 75% of my hair.  This must be stopped.

I hadn’t thought to do this but I just submitted an online complaint today. I think the more of us that contact the FDA the better! From

reading through the comments, it’s clear Olaplex and Sephora aren’t taking action. 

I'm going through the exact same thing. I am wearing a topper because of bald spots and am going to buy a wig. My hair was to my waist and I had to cut it near my shoulders. 

OMG.  How are you holding up?  I am so sorry.  The worst part is the feel of the hair too.  It feels... FOREIGN.  Like the texture is now just off.

I am not doing that well. I have some good moments but I'm at the point now where  I am praying to be left with  enough hair to wear a wig. I had no idea that if someone is bald, they have to glue the wig to their head. I've been watching so many videos and info in IG. So much info about wigs. I had zero clue. I've never even looked into clip extensions.  My hair has always grown long. My mental health is hanging on by a thread. I used apple cider vinegar scrub on my scalp and then washed it and now I have my head drenched in organic jojoba oil.  What happened??? What reaction did that junk cause?? 

Just curious are you purchasing Olaplex on the Olaplex site or Sephora?  There are a lot  of knock off products out there, especially on Amazon, Ebay.  

I bought all mine from Sephora.  

Straight from Olaplex and Sephora.  What a  mess of a product.  I thought it was me.  Nope.  It's that damned product that should be yanked off the shelves IMMEDIATELY.

I got mine straight from Olaplex. So it must be some kind of chemical they use 😕 

I wish I hadn't used the original. A diluted conditioner might not have caused that much damage. 

Screenshot_20211111-113150_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20211111-113228_Gallery.jpg

Oh my gosh, the same thing has happened to me! I had a full ponytail a year ago and now there is barely enough hair to tie up. I went through all my hair products and didn't even think it could be the olaplex. It has so many bad ingredients in it! 

Oh my god that is horrible, I’m so sorry. May I ask how long did it take to get to that damaged point? I’m so so afraid I’m going to get to this level since the hair loss won’t stop for me too. 

all this happened in 3 weeks time. 

My hair is completely destroyed after using olaplex

I look like I am going g through chemo. I am devastated. 

😞  "Olaplex Hair Loss" group on facebook. Please, join!

Hey, could you please accept me to join the Facebook group! I haven't been accepted yet and I'm looking for more help, infos and how others made it stop! 🙏

I used Olaplex 4, 5 & 6 (shampoo, conditioner and smoothing lotion) twice a week.  After about week 3 I noticed I started shedding a ton of hair.  I stopped using it but my hair continues to fall out at the root. So much so, that I'm almost bald and have to wear a wig now.  I seriously look like a cancer patient.  I've been to two different doctors have had every blood test know to man and all is normal.  Using Olaplex is the only thing that I changed when my hair started falling out.  

I'm so sorry. This is happening to me too. It's devastating.  I'm so sorry I'm kinda still in shock. I can't believe it's happening  

I honestly think Olaplex No 0 and No 3 are meant more for hair with higher porosity. It sort of helps seal the hair shaft and prevents moisture loss. If you don't have very porous hair, it's possible that using this line could work too well sealing your hair shaft, preventing hydrating and nourishing products from penetrating. 

testing