Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone’s hair returned to what it was before the terrible experience with olaplaex? I am here every few months for the past YEAR to check what did you guys use than made your hair return to what it was before this mess… I don’t know what olaplex did to my hair that it’s so impossible for me to fix it… damaged? changed the texture? My hair doesn’t fall out as much as in the beginning but it still does… the most frustrating for now is how dry and crazy looking it constantly looks…

Hi. My hair was looking amazing was using kerastase. Then I decided to try olaplex 0 snd 3. Now my hair is still snapping.  I’m really annoyed and not sure what to do. Thought it was just me. 😔 Nina 

Hi. I need to share my story. I use to dye my hair so much and it never needed it. I hundred percent agree, olaplex made me lose so much hair has thinned out my hair this past year. I eat healthy, take vitamins and my hair is ruined. I was using olaplex shampoo and conditioner. I was using olaplex 3 once a week. I started trying other lines and shampoo and conditioner but also went back to olaplex it never irritated my scalp. After reading all the reviews realizing you everyone is right. Last year I lost so much hair after using olaplex. I am still shedding. I am very disappointed and wasted so much money on these products.. I am afraid hope I do not lose anymore hair. I started taking biotin and using coconut oil to help with the dryness. I also am not using heat products anymore until I see my hair grow and change. Ever since I been shopping at sephora it cause me nothing but misery. I will definitely never use olaplex ever again after these reviews and after it ruined my hair. 

Spoiler

I know this is an old post but my hair is literally falling out of my scalp! I have no redness or extra itching to even say it was an allergic reaction!! I’m loading up one video ! I have documented this awful experience because I had beautiful gray hair. 

i have 2 weeks of video because the first week after the use of Olaplex it through me for a loop to see all that hair in the sink! 

I started using olaplex in January 2021 and used the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and leave in conditioner once a week. I noticed a lot of hair falling out in chunks in the shower so I stopped using olaplex. I only used olaplex for maybe 5 weeks but even after stopping my hair has still been falling out bad! A lot comes out in the shower and brushing through my chair SO much falls out and hairs will fall out throughout the day. It's gotten so bad I can't wear my hair down anymore or I will shed so much hair all over my clothes and everywhere else so I have been wearing my hair in claw clip ever since January. My hair used to be my joy and pride and I would always wear it down and have long beautiful curls and now I don't even feel like myself anymore, all my confidence is gone. I went to the doctor and all my blood levels are normal, I went to the dermatologist and she said it sounds like telogen effluvium which is caused by stress but I haven't been under any stress before that and currently and I handle stress very well and she said it should stop in 3-6 months. Well it's been 8 months and my hair is still falling out, so I have ruled out that condition. I even started using Rogaine and got a hair cut and nothing has helped. The only link to my hair loss is olaplex because my hair started falling out right after that. I have used many hair products over the years and nothing has ever done this to me. Olaplex ruined my hair and my confidence. I want a lawsuit.

The most irritating and frustrating thing is that hairdressers dismiss you when you say that Olaplex distroyed your hair. They blame it on stress, vitamins, hormones and so on. When its clearly Olaplex. 

Of course, because they make a commission. Olaplex should not be sold to the public. Why bother having a hairdresser's license. I am beyond upset I'm so infuriated and I go without a doubt olaplex caused my hair loss. I could care less what any hairdresser has to say I'm old enough to be their mother. All you girls are correct. Hopefully there will be a class action lawsuit eventually if everyone keeps complaining and also filing a Report with the FDA and the Better Business Bureau

The same thing happened to me. When I stopped using it, the hair loss stopped. I'm currently using super expensive hair vitamins (Nutrafol) and Briogeo Don't Despair Repair to try to correct the damage from it.

Looking up nutrafol.  I literally couldn’t sleep worried about my hair - I’ve lost about 1/2 of it. I purchased vagamour for hair loss - it’s a vegan product.  I’m praying it helps 

I’m literally in TEARS

Hi...I am in the same situation and have become so depressed over my hair breakage and fall.  I have been loading up on vitamins and have been seeing many ads for the Nutrafol.  Is it helping you?  If it is, I will buy it right away.  I have been at dermatology appointments, endocrine appointments & even started booking 2nd opinions.  It's like my hair's texture has totally changed into fine, fly-away, thin hair.  Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.  Olaplex #3 did it.  I don't know how to undo the damage.  Please let me know of anything you've used or are using that seems to help.  Thank you.

Also started using rosemary oil to help my hair grow back and that made my hair fall out even more- its almost like olaplex changed the chemistry of my scalp. I am hopeless finding something to reverse the damage it has caused. I am trying to think of a common thread all of us might have that caused our hair to fall out from olaplex.

Hello I too suffered.  When I use the oil and bond smoother and I notice more hair than usually come out from the root and end. so I stop right away) split ends in random spots which I never had, brittle and really dry) it made it more fragile/ broke easy)  I notice now mi hair is much better (not fully but definitely better) I do coconut and olive oil treatment every once a week. I hope it can help u too. ( Try jojoba if u can too and almond oil) Olaplex is the worst and I will never understand why people reccomend this or the hype it is so bad. Hope all the woman suffering from this recover and get your hair back! 

I m using 3,4,5,6 also noticing much hair fall than ever

Don't use it anymore! it will change your hair and cause more damage. 

Is there any facebook group for olaplex victims?

I haven’t come across a Facebook support group. Maybe we should start one!

It’s been one year since I used olapex 3

ONE YEAR and my hair is still damaged… I was visiting the forum because I was hoping to find some information if anyone found a cure for this mess… I have tired absolutely every suggestion I found on this forum and many others… I am devastated I am here today with no hope this damage can be reversed. I use to love olaplex leave in conditioner, I used it for few months and was obsessed with it - I always had a travel size on me. That’s why I decided to buy olaplex 3, I thought it must be so amazing as well. In two weeks it absolutely damaged my hair, changed its structure and I started losing my hair. My hair continues to be very dry and unmanageable… I am not loosing as much hair as before but that’s the only improvement I see after one freaking year. 
It really effected my self steam… I miss my beautiful hair…

What I regret it’s not telling my sister about olaplex, she lives in England and honestly did not think she even knows olaplex… She told me she started losing her hair, her scalp itches and hair looks dry and she thinks it’s from olaplex… I could not believe what I was hearing! I was so mad at myself for not warning her about olaplex. 

If any of you used a product that helped you reversing the damage from olaplex, please write it here. I will be very appreciative of your advice! 

I am sorry you are still going through this a year later. I am experiencing excessive shedding for a month even after stopping Olaplex. When did your hair fall taper down? My mental health is destroyed. My hair strands are thinner. I have already lost 1/3 of my hair density. Is there any hope?

Hello I reccomend coconut and olive oil it has worked for mi try to do it every once a week) also jojoba oil! Wish u the best!

I have curly hair, I would NOT recommend Coconut oil, it does not work on everyone's hair, just like Olaplex. The ONLY other time my hair dried out and got brittle some years back is when I did a coconut oil treatment. Now I avoid all products with coconut oil in it!  There's a chemical reaction with the protien in some people's hair, just like Olaplex 3 treatment... I don't know what, but be careful with differnt oils and products.  

K-pack by joico is helping my olaplex destroyed hair some... but I'm using all kinds smoothiers now trying to get my hair to look like hair again after olaplex just 3 times.

I'm going back to Oribe products, expensive but I never had an issue!  

My hair is natural curly and has been really pretty. But, I too lost a lot of hair using the Olaplex 4 Shampoo & Conditioner! I mean like hand fulls of hair fell out with every shampoo  and it made my hair very dry! Try “Amika” the Kure bond repair shampoo and conditioner! I really like these products! They have helped to get my hair back! 

4 Replies
testing