Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

Re: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Same horrible experience with opaplex. Its been 2 months since the treatment and the damage just ended up worse...my hair just got thinner and thinner. Nothing else changed in my routine or hair care...everything in my life was absolutely the same except the use of opaplex. Although it might work for so many...Nothing works for everyone. But my main frustration and concern for others is that opaplex still claims their products 'absolutely" in no way hurt your hair. They also don't warn against protein overload with protein sensitive people, and then what even worse is the claim its safe to leave in over night. This is so dangerous when some people's chemical make up and or genetics are very different! As many people that I have seen post and review ALL saying they believed opaplex being the only thing that damaged their hair or made it fall out, it can't just be a coincidence and certainly shouldn't be taken lightly or ignored. So many people this has happened to after using opaplex that if we all got together a law firm that deals with class action would probably pick it up. Because I myself didn't even get a single person from the company to care even a little that so many have been harmed...and yes losing half your hair as a girl or woman is truly traumatising and not knowing how deep that damage goes, whether the hair will even grow back...so much emotional and mental damage and strain on our health. Its not easy for people who had a good experience to understand or even believe...but to us women who it has, it all makes since. I'm determined to find out why opaplex doesn't seem to care and why they continue to claim its safe for everyone and no warnings!? I've been sobbing and feeling alone in this for a few weeks here. Sad that others have had this happen too but glad to see I'm not alone. 

Yes! And its only gotten worse even though I haven't used it again and its been over a month. I've literally lost half my hair.😭 they don't tell you and neither do hairdressers that it can cause protein overload which will destroy our hair. Just an FYI...coconut oil and castor oil can also have horrible effects on some people and can basically do the opposite of what beauty blogs say. I did a bunch of research to see what can help....peppermint oil, rosemary oil, jojoba and almond oil to use as a carrier oils...make sure to never use essential oils with diluting. 20-30 mins with massage no more than once a week and always do a patch test before using on scalp. Science shows peppermint oil works faster and better in all aspects for regrowth of hair over minoxidil and with none of the harsh side effects. Here's a link to show and explain. 

I also would get a really good but gentle clarifying shampoo, I find aveeno apple cider vinegar shampoo is amazing! Their kefir probiotic shampoo and almond oil conditioner also awesome, first ingredient organic oats. Hope this helps! I know I have seen some improvements in just a couple weeks, not overnight but definitely is helping me. 🙂

Upon rave reviews and a friend recommending Olaplex, I gave in to the pricey shampoo and conditioner. My hair is very fine and straight. It has not been colored in a couple of years. I started using Olaplex and noticed how frizzy my was. I usually use all different products, but this was very noticeable. I chalked it up to humidity. A few months later, I'm losing hair like crazy! So much that when I put my hair in a pony tail, I notice almost a bald spot! I chalked it up to work stress. In the shower yesterday, it clicked, could it be the Olaplex??? As I'm reading all the posts, I'm convinced it is! Yikes! Thankfully it's not a health issue and it could be work stress but I've had work stress for awhile now. I'm done with the Olaplex. I will definitely know in a month or so. Good luck to you all.

@Osupoke13 absolutely me too! Nothing else was different or changed except opaplex 

Yes!!!!! Thk u for ur post i thought i was nuts. My scalp is sore too. I lost so much hair i have bald spots 

So sorry its awful. I dont know what to do. Im making appointment with s dermatologist 

@opalpopal me also...😔

I just stumbled across this site and am so thankful as I realize I that I am NOT crazy. 

I have suffered from auto immune issues for years but within the last three my Hashimotos thyroiditis has wreaked havoc on my body and my psyche as well.

With that said, I have had hair thinning and shedding over these year but nothing  like when I started this system two months ago. 

I love my stylist snd she recommended it for me thinking it would be a miracle since the Rejuvenation supplements I was taking for was advised by cardiologist to stop taking so many supplements. Enter Olaplex. My hair is thin, and now breakage all over. Hairline has receded so that I have no hair on the top of my forehead. It is so dry and brittle. Looks unhealthy. Fried, frizzy and I felt validated when I found this post. 

Well, fast track six months and I have a real mess on my hands. 

It’s been thin and I am letting my gray grow so I use can use less dye which they say can trigger my condition. But this is horrible. 
Broken off so my side part doesn’t work anymore. It makes my whole life upsetting as everyday it looks even worse. 

First thing cancel automatic delivery 

next-anyone having any luck with grow back when this product 0,3,4,5,6,7 has been stopped?

Any reassurance, support or light at the end of the tunnel?

I am feeling so sad I even tried this. I look old and not like myself. 

Please, if anyone has any recommendations or can relate to this mess please contact me. 

Everyone  stay safe, be careful and know you might have helped someone one out more than you can imagine. 
Regards,

@Tess57 its so traumatising, I'm sorry you are also going through this. Opaplex did the same to me as well. 😕

Same!!!!!Since Olaplex my hair stiff and dry!I've got extreme hair loss and scalp pain.For months!!Nothing works,nothing helps,getting worse!

@Sylvie27 definitely too many women that this has happened to after using opaplex 😟 I did too!😞

I used this for a week, and lost so much of my hair just after a couple of washes. does anybody have any advice on ways they grew their hair back?

Update: Hair was too damaged and i initially lost so much from the first couple washes that i just had to shave my head 😕

I'm so sorry

How are you doing? I'm wearing wigs from olaplex hair loss. 

I’m so glad I found this. I had a salon (not my regular stylist) bleach my hair back in June/July to catch up on Covid roots - I have had bleached or highlighted hair consistently for YEARS and never had a problem. They used Olaplex treatments at the salon to “help” with breakage. I noticed when the stylist was blow-drying my hair that my hair was like Mardi Gras confetti floating in the air there was so much of it. When I got home, I had significantly less hair on my scalp and my hairline noticeably changed with 2 weeks. I had bought the small Olaplex 3 to use at home and had used it a few times. Over the next couple months, I noticed my hair (normally stick straight, frizz-less) was absolutely frazzled and getting soooo thin. I could see two inches into my scalp (never could before) and thought I was going bald. My regular stylist and I were talking about it and even she told me my quantity of hair had noticeably changed. (For reference, my pony tail had been about the diameter of a quarter and is about 30-40% smaller now; a combination of hair falling out and breakage.) So I went to my doctor and had him test me for iron, thyroid, cortisol, estrogen, testerone levels, etc to try to find the answer. Everything came back normal!!! Thankfully, I am mostly too lazy to use hair treatments that require extra time before I shower so I haven’t used Olaplex in a few months. I can now see little hairs growing back between 1-2cm. Thank you to @Vaesther for originally posting this and everyone else who has chimed in. It has been such a relief to finally find the cause!

Can someone tag TeamBIC for me? I can't seem to get it to work...

So I've just looked through the respondents of this thread and the vast majority are new accounts with people making 1-3 posts in this thread alone, all writing about the exact same symptoms. It feels like a hit job, frankly. I'm all for honest negative reviews but I can't help but notice that most of the people posting here are NOT community members and clearly not trying to become community members. It makes me wonder if some of these accounts can be traced to the same IP. Can BIC admin please look into this thread?  Community members come here for information we can trust. When we start having to question the motives of who is posting here, the value of BIC degrades and I see it as an attack on BIC as a community.

I had the same thoughts as @Sweetestkitten stated below; who cares if user commenters are not active community members? I dont even know what that means....clearly these women are searching for forums to discuss this problem; thankfully for them, they were right in choosing this one bc they've found validation and advice. With the exception of yours of course.

Honestly, you bringing up wondering if they're all the same IP sounds like you are an OLAPLEX (spelled correctly) representative of some kind. Who else would take that approach or say something that paranoid? Weird. When a forum such as this one has ppl doubting the user instead of the product, there's something off. Perhaps you should do a google search on Olaplex bad reviews/problems; you'll see an ONSLAUGHT of pages and testimonials like this one here. & i can assure you if an IP allocation were posted on each page, you'd see they were global! Women have zero motive to tarnish the name of a product that worked well for them. This isn't a conspiracy going on. 

Agreed!! I’m in tears… and people think it’s a conspiracy coming from same IP?? Seriously?! I’m freaking almost bald!!

I started a Facebook group called “Olaplex Hair Loss.” Please join so we can share our testimonies and possible solutions. 

Yea, I had this thought as well. A lot of these comments seem to follow the same format and continually spread the same long debunked misinformation re: olaplex and protein. Its very strange. 

@pocketvenus hmm? Do you work for opaplex?! Why would you comment as you did and why does it matter if someone has been a member for years or just signed up?! Also why would you as a woman not care or have compassion for so many other women who OBVIOUSLY have ALL experienced the same horrible outcome after using opaplex products?! I your response very questionable and frankly a red flag! No one is saying this is an absolute nor are they stating this will happen to any and all. So unless you are going to be of help or supportive towards woman going through something so traumatic please just keep your comment to yourself. These women including myself are here to try and find answers, and understanding of whats happening and to warn others of what hundreds of us have experienced using opaplex...since opaplex thinks its ok not to give appropriate warnings and honest information on what their products can do to some hair and the danger of leaving on too long or using too often. I already see enough women for this to turn into a class action lawsuit against the opaplex company. 

2 Replies
testing