Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Has anyone experience excessive shedding of hair after Olaplex 3 treatment??

I thought it was a coincidence the 1st time, but it happened after the 2nd and 3rd tx.

I used it weekly x 3, and the hair loss after the 3rd treatment is noticeable.

I will not use it again (and only used about 2/3 of 1 bottle).

No hair scalp itch or redness, to suggest an allergic reaction. 

RE: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

I have fine hair, that is color treated. I could not use the Olaplex line at all. It made my hair a knotted tangled mess. It dried it out and was just gross. I switched to Kerastase, and my hair feels amazing.

Re: RE: Olaplex 3 and hair loss?

Olaplex 3 works okay for me but the shampoo and conditioner are nothing to write home about. Like you I found them to do more damage than good. I dont really get all the hype for this line at all.

@Vaesther @dz7297 @Olaplex 

It is impossible for Olaplex to damage the hair. There is nothing inside Olaplex capable of causing hair loss. 
There is a lot of misinformation about Olaplex, it is best to purchase at a salon from a hair stylist who can explain how to use it. 

In 2019 USA no one knew because FDA does not regulate personal care products - in European Union they did.

It's 2022 now and the ingredient in Olaplex:  Butylphenyl Methylpropional (lilial) is just now being removed by the company voluntarily and obviously to not lose market share in the EU.

It was only on February 28, 2022 that Olaplex admitted to always being “aware” of the serious health risks associated to lilial – such as infertility, hair loss, endocrine disruption and allergies – but never informed its customers of these risks prior thereto.

I wasn't aware of this new development, thanks for sharing!  With the way the "Olabots" would jump on anyone who shared their negative experiences with their products, Olaplex should be ashamed of themselves.   I knew something was off about their formulation, and I'm disappointed that the FDA hasn't done more to protect consumers.

You can never make a statement like that. Any chemical has the capability to have adverse effects on the human body. My god. Not to mention, any ingredient listed on their bottle may be "harmless" by itself but when mixed with others can and do react differently, so for you to say that none of the ingredients can cause this is patently false; let me guess, your not a chemist or an expert of experts on everything?  Its like saying "cinnamon can't harm anyone, its a natural ingredient", that is, unless you're allergic to cinnamon!!!

It's absolutely harming my hair. I bought it on Amazon. Did nothing to my hair except break it. I was shedding handfuls after every wash. It was scary to lose so much hair at once. Every time I ran my fingers through my hair, I would get a few strands out. I thought I had a medical problem. All my bloodwork came out normal and I just realized the only change I had in the past few weeks was adding Olaplex to my hair wash routine. I stopped using it. 3 weeks later, the shedding has reduced (though I am still losing hair). Will never use it again.

Same here. Falling out at the root, breaking...so so sad 😞 I bought from Sephora 

Anonymous Insider

Pleaseeeee don't buy products for your hair or face on amazon!  they did a lot of testing on higher quality products that was bought off amazon and a lot of it was FAKE!  They add fake labels, or they will dilute the product!  If you buy from your salon or from the Olaplex website you're guaranteed the real thing!

I bought Olaplex from Dermstore and Sephora I believe

I bought my No. 3 and all of my Olaplex products at my salon. Still my hair has fall. I do agree with you on buying off Amazon. Looks sketchy.

I bought mine here on Sephora and my hair is breaking and falling out!! Never ever have I experienced anything like it 

I also bought Olaplex #4 shampoo along with #6 at the beginning of September 2020 from the Sephora website. I have natural brown curly hair and have not bleached my hair since 2018. I was alarmed when starting two weeks ago I would run my fingers through my hair and end up losing about 10 strands each time. When I would comb/brush my hair After the shower using the product, HANDFULS of it would out. During quarantine for 3 months, I stayed with my BF in Florida and did not bring my Olaplex products with me and guess what...my hair grew like wildfire (used drugstore HASK shampoo). Now that I am back home using the Olaplex products my hair is falling out again. The shampoo is the only variable that has changed. I am legitimately terrified to wash my hair now as it breaks my heart to see it falling out like that.

Hask has a TON of animal-based protein in it. Olaplex doesnt contain any. From the sounds of it, your hair is protein deficient and that was the cause of your breakage and hair fall. 

32BEB394-D82F-4498-8ADB-3EBBF08DD458.jpeg

My hair looks identical to this. Please make this stop. Did you ever figure out if this was from olaplex, did it grow back?

15 Replies
testing