Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex 0 - allergic reaction?

So I’ve been using Olaplex no.3 for years without issue. When they came out with no.0 I was eager to try it.... unfortunately the results were awful. Immediately after putting in on my hair my scalp was burning and itching, but I unfortunately ignored it and let it sit for the recommended 10 min. When I looked in the mirror my face was broken out in a red, raised rash in each spot that the saturated hair had touched my face. It’s been almost two weeks since I used it and my scalp is still itchy and the skin on my forehead is super dry and feels really weird like almost scaly?? It’s extremely rough to the touch and looks leathery which is very out of the norm for my usual super soft skin. It’s (forehead skin) also still itchy! Has anyone else experienced this?! How do I get my skin back to normal - no amount of moisturizer seems to work :(((

Re: Olaplex 0 - allergic reaction?

Did you buy it from Sephora or another place? I have been using it and I have no issues with it. I think I am on my 3rd or 4th bottle. I do it once a week. I also use no 6 and 7. 

0B882FA3-434F-48DB-8358-CED828C0E987.jpeg

Yes, my hair salon used on me. 

@erika1506 

Odd seeing as how it’s the same active ingredient just in a higher percentage. Did you contact them for the MSDS?

3D8ABCD8-99FF-4B5E-B869-564985F94A29.jpeg

 I used it for the first time yesterday and it burned my face and scalp within 2 minutes. I immediately went to shower to wash it out. I googled allergic reaction to this product and there are literally hundreds of women who have been burned too. I wrote the company. I had no idea this happened until it happened to me. I do not have sensitive skin either.

I had the same reaction and I thought it was due to my auto immune. It has been getting worse and worse and I couldn't figure out why. I have contacted the company as well and am working on a refund. they said they wont reimburse me for any of my medical bills though.  

I just recently started using and this is my second time using it. My scalp is on fire, and I have this odd line rash on the side of my face now that wasn’t there before I placed the olaplex in my hair, I’m guessing it must have dripped down out of my hair onto my face. Either way, I’m shocked. I looked up reviews to make sure I wasn’t crazy… this is ridiculous. 

2A005D45-608B-4672-A4FD-41345BB0D848.jpeg

Wow! I’m so relieved to read these posts! I thought it was just me. I’ve only used the 0 &  3 Olaplex four times. I’m breaking out around my hair line. My scalp is itchy. But my eyes & face itch the most. I’m miserable! I saw the IPO of Olaplex and that was one of the reasons I bought it. I feel like Olaplex should compensate all of us for the purchases and doctors bills. They had to know the high percentage of allergic reactions before they placed this on the market. They know the ingredient that is the culprit. Besides, what up and coming companies are not using non-hyper allergenic ingredients? Few, I would suspect!

Same. I will never touch olaplex again.

I had to to into walk-in for possibly allergic meds

My scalp was on fire for good 2 weeks and hair loss. Everyone keeps defending that olaplex will never do that but it did. Was not a fun experience.

I go to salon and have the home system. 

It drives me crazy when people tell you it's impossible. I'd been using combinations of 1, 2 & 3 for years with no problem, then started having reactions. It's absolutely the olaplex & apparently even people who've used it with no previous issues aren't safe.

Allergic reaction and rash can occur even after prolonged use! I have been using Olaplex No. 4 Shampoo and No. 6 Leave in Conditioner for several years without a problem. However, I used a mini-sized shampoo and conditioner while traveling and a bad rash emerged at my hairline.  My allergic reaction may have been aggravated by using Olaplex No. 0 and No. 3 Bond Builder. Who knew? Thank you ladies for having the courage to post your rash photos!  After seeing the rash photos I knew that my identical hairline rash was Olaplex caused. I will mention this to friends with the hope that others are forewarned. A nightmare!

The same thing happened to me. My head is on fire. I washed and conditioner my hair numerous but still no real relief. Any suggestions to ease the burning sensation?

I just had this happen as well, and it is awful. I have used the olaplex system before. I was thinking back and I do remember a slight stinging before. But, NOTHING like this horrendous reaction. This was my first time using the 0. I am not allergic to anything and not sensitive normally. Right away wherever it touched my skin it felt like chemical burns all over. Ive washed my head and scalp 4 times and still burning. Used ice on my face and chest. Awful. Hoping this doesn't last long. This product should not be on the market. 

IMG_1163.jpgIMG_1161.jpg

C401A5F9-0118-4AA6-948E-73365A68A03A.jpeg

 This also happened to me as well after the Olaplex purple shampoo and the regular shampoo and conditioner. I’m still itching 

Had sane reaction, This stuff needs to be pulled from market. 

*SAME 

I have similar problems. I went to urgent care the other day. I need to stop using it. 

E2C74CC3-0C94-4306-BD51-1B89ED67542B.jpeg

A4B592D4-EC5F-425D-A2D6-F750DC752808.jpeg

same thing happened to me!! i’m currently in a itchy burning state on several parts of my body where the products fell while i was rinsing my hair out  

No. 0 and No. 3 both cause skin reactions for me. I used No. 0 two times and each time it gave me itchy, red, raised and burning rashes everywhere it touched. My scalp was burning similar to what it feels like when you have bleach on it. No. 3 reacts the same way for me but not as intense. I started using it December, used No. 0 twice, No. 3 maybe 6 times and then their other products. Now I have a flaky and itchy scalp that won’t go away and I’m experiencing hair loss. I’ve had some bloodwork done with normal results and I’m seeing a derm next week but it’s quite a coincidence I had no issues with hair loss and my scalp until using Olaplex. I have over $200 worth of Olaplex products now that I’m terrified to use.

Oh no!!!

WAIT the same exact thing is happening to me! And some of it got on my neck and it’s been BURNING and itching SOO SOO bad!! I can’t sleep from it... 

Did any go on your skin? I’ve used both without issue but that looks painful!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • 3D8ABCD8-99FF-4B5E-B869-564985F94A29.jpeg
  • IMG_1163.jpg
  • IMG_1161.jpg
  • 0B882FA3-434F-48DB-8358-CED828C0E987.jpeg
  • 41254024-3CE1-49B9-85D0-4040F61C9AB9.jpeg
  • 63ECDA86-C15C-49EC-95F4-084A403F6136.jpeg
  • E2C74CC3-0C94-4306-BD51-1B89ED67542B.jpeg
  • A4B592D4-EC5F-425D-A2D6-F750DC752808.jpeg
  • 2A005D45-608B-4672-A4FD-41345BB0D848.jpeg