cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Oily hair

Hey everyone,

I have been dealing with extremely oily hair. My hair gets oily very quickly. In addition to this, my hair gets very frizzy (I live in the tropics so it is very humid). My hair is wavy. I have been using the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner, K18 and the Saphira mud mask as a hair treatment. 

Any suggestions on what I can use for my oiliness, frizziness and also treatment and styling products?

Re: Oily hair

You might be washing your hair too often . I know it sounds weird when you have issue with oily hair, but very often producing more oil is scalp defense from over washing and drying out scalp. Olaplex and k18 are fine, I use and love them to prevent damage. It’s also good to use scalp massage device ( the rubber one ) and detox/ cleansing shampoo or even scalp peeling . Think of your oily scalp like you’d think of oily skin on your face. Also make sure that you don’t put conditioner on your scalp 

I use #OUAI Detox Shampoo , like @CookieGirl1 suggested. The directions say to use it once a week, but most weeks I use it more than that, along with another shampoo. I use the detox first to get my scalp clean, then follow with a second wash with a more hydrating shampoo so that my hair doesn't dry out.

@ImpsyNans 

Is your hair damaged? If it’s not damaged, there is no need to continue with Olaplex and K18. 
Sephora doesn’t sell it, Kevin Murphy Balancing Wash is incredibly effective at balancing an oily scalp. 

Yes my hair is damaged. Do you have any suggestions for the frizz?

@ImpsyNans I'm guessing that @GG84 didn't see this question; if you want to specifically target a question TO someone, make sure to use their username with the @ symbol beforehand :).  Otherwise they won't be alerted that you've responded.

For the oil, you might try something like the OUAI Detox Shampoo because it's somehow clarifying without actually feeling stripping.  

Thank you! Do you have any suggestions for the frizz?

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing