Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Oily, fine hair

Hi, I just ordered Olaplex Shampoo, Conditioner, Bonder, and Hair Perfecter, and my hair is oily, very fine, and I have had nothing but issues with my hair for my entire life.

Background: hair used to be wavy when I was little, wavy went to poofy and unmanageable, I shaved it at the age of 18 to a buzz cut, dyed it SEVERAL times, bleached it, fashions dyes, until I was 25 when I shaved it again to a buzz cut and let it grow out naturally, I waited till I was 28 to start dying it again, then at 29 I shaved it yet again.

Present: If I want to style my hair every day, I currently have to wash my hair every day, it gets so oily after one day of not washing my hair, it lost its wavy texture, I have no luster left in my hair AND my wedding is next year, so I do not want to cut it, so I am hoping that with these 4 Olaplex products, I can bring some life into my hair.

Are there any tips or suggestions anyone can give me with Olaplex or just to help my hair out... I am pretty desperate!!

Re: Oily, fine hair

@0utspoken 

With Olaplex and you having Oily hair you may find the shampoo in particular quite heavy. It is a highly concentrated formula and a bit too much can cause your hair to go limp. 

What made you choose Olaplex? What type of damage are you trying to repair? 

Re: Oily, fine hair

I chose Olaplex because of the many reviews and recommendations I was given by several people who have used it. My hair has dye damage, extremely weak, and currently, I have used the shampoo and conditioner twice and the hair repair and bonding treatment once, and so far my hair is way softer after one dah and not as oily after a day of washing it.  And usually on the second day after the initial wash, my hair is oily and disgusting and like I need to wash it every day.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing