Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Oily Roots

I’ve struggled with oily roots for most of my adult life! I’m trying to extend the length of time between washes but it’s becoming difficult. I current wash my hair every other day. I’ve tried plenty of different products. Currently using living proof shampoo and conditioner. I’ve tried so many dry shampoos but they typically make my hair oily quicker. I just purchased Verb clarifying shampoo and mask. But I had oily roots after one day again. I do have fine/thin hair which is a challenge in itself. Any other products recommendations  or tips would be appreciated! 

Re: Oily Roots

hi!

i also struggle with an oily scalp and used to think that i had to wash my hair every day. now i wash my hair every 3-4 days! i would not recommend dry shampoo for the long run because it won’t help train your scalp. just taking a week and not washing your hair, even though it looks bad and will be annoying, it’s worth it in the end. if you can’t do that, i found that i could extend my washes by not washing hair on weekends when i was home and no one would really see my greasy hair. i like to shampoo twice every time i wash my hair because i find my scalp gets less oily when i do that. i also love detox/clarifying shampoos. i use them once a week or every other wash and it really helps reduce the amount of oil in my hair. my favorite detox shampoo is the OUAI Detox Shampoo. i would also keep in mind that you don’t want to underwash your hair. washing every day is bad for your hair but so is under washing. i think 1-2 times a week is good but everyone’s hair is different. another thing you can do if you find training your hair too hard is you can get a gentle shampoo and a rich conditioner. with these products it should be fine to wash hair daily or every other day. 

hope this helps!

@RizzoCubs44  You mentioned you’ve tried many dry shampoos, but how/when did you use them? Did you try applying dry shampoo immediately after washing/drying your hair with your usual shampoo & conditioner? I also apply dry shampoo right before I do any high intensity workout or go for a run. This method helps me go 1-2 weeks without washing my hair—though for my specific scalp and hair, 2 full weeks is really too long 😂 but hey, I’m lazy sometimes. 

@RizzoCubs44   Have you tried any dry shampoos?  They’re great for instant hair refreshers without having to constantly wash dry and style your hair.  They absorb oil in minutes and can be touselled away.  I am in love with the scent of OUAI Travel Super Dry Shampoo

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing