Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Need suggestion for shampoo and conditioner

Hi, Currently I am using Ouai Smooth Shampoo and Condition for my hair but so many times I feel my hair isn't clean well. Also, when I use oil before shampoo, my hair has oil after the wash. I feel my shampoo isn't mix well with my hair, but not sure about it. Previously i was using Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner. 

Also, I feel after start using Ouai shampoo, I have more hair fall. I have tried to use pantene shampoo to see my hair reaction and I feel that shampoo mix well and clears my hair.But that one have sulfate in it. Could you please recommend me best shampoo for my hair?

My hair type:
I have frizzy hair (Frizz sticks only for wash day)
Little bit curly (Waves in hair)
Lots of hair fall

Re: Need suggestion for shampoo and conditioner

Since store didn't have

PHYTO Phytospecific Rich Hydration Shampoo,

store person recommend me Briogeo Rosarco Repair Shampoo/Conditioner. I bought that and after 2nd use, my hair started oily after 2nd day of wash. I feel it's too much moisture for my hair but not sure.

What should I do next? Should I buy different shampoo and do trial and error?

I was not impressed with Ouai either. 😞  In fact, it made my hair so dry, my color/ stylist asked that I stop using it. (She has been cutting and coloring my hair for 7 years now so she can tell when I bounce between products!)

I am really liking Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino Shampoo and Conditioner.  They have non-curl smoothing varieties too. 

I also use Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Milk as a leave-in conditioner.  I only need a small amount (less is better) to smooth my frizz without weighing down the waves. 

Hello,

Our Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner provide exceptional cleansing and nourishment, leaving hair feeling healthy and lustrous whilst restoring natural shine.

Both our Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner contain Soy Protein & Pro Vitamin B5 which binds moisture to the hair and helps nourish and condition whilst improving manageability and body. Furthermore, they contain Shea Butter to help nourish and condition as well as Caviar & White Truffle extracts which enrich hair with amino acids and proteins, moisturises hair and adding tensile strength.

All our products are Paraben and Sulphate free, blended with innovative hair care ingredients that treat and improve the condition of hair. They offer UV protection and Anti-Humectants whilst incorporating free-radical scavengers to keep coloured hair free from oxidation.

We hope this helps and you will enjoy using the collection.

SHOW Beauty Team, London

@VShah2406 Hi! It sounds like we have similar hair types and I've also been struggling with shampoos.

I tried a sample of the Ouai shampoo and felt the same way - my hair didn't feel clean. Here's some things I enjoy.

- Davines OI Shampoo and Conditioner (you can get this in the Birchbox shop or you can get travel sizes from the Davines website). I really love how this makes my hair look/feel - but I hate the smell. Its a very strong herbal scent. 

- Phyto Specific Rich Hydrating Shampoo. I just got this but it's so nice. It sounds like your hair needs moisture and this will help! 

- Briogio Be Gentle Be Kind Clarifying Shampoo. This will clean out your hair! I use it sparingly because I dye my hair red but it helps clean my other products out of my roots.

Also, you mentioned using oil before shampoo - try using just a little bit of hair oil after you get out of the shower. When your hair is still wet/damp rub a little bit of oil between your hands and gently work it into the ends of your hair - avoiding the roots.

One last thing, I would like to recommend the Briogio rosarco milk! I've been able to cut down on conditioner by using it to add hydration and softness - and less conditioner has made my hair feel cleaner. 

This probably wasn't too helpful, I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week but I alternate a lot of products. 

I am going to alternate between the Davines and the Phyto hydrating one, and once every other week I use the clarifying Briogio one. And I always use the Briogio rosarco spray to cut the frizz and add softness.

http://www.sephora.com/phytospecific-rich-hydration-shampoo-P389802?skuId=1638535

http://www.sephora.com/be-gentle-be-kind-green-tea-clarifying-shampoo-P388624?skuId=1784750&icid2=pr...

http://www.sephora.com/rosarco-milk-reparative-leave-in-conditioning-spray-P396733?skuId=1784735&ici...

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing