Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Need new shampoo and conditioner

Best sulphate free shampoos: for thinning medium hair, oily and itchy scalp. 
I am currently using Kristin ess and alternating w head and shoulders, it’s not helping. None of the concerns are addressed. Can someone guide me w shampoos? 
how is Ouai? Or brigeo?

Re: Need new shampoo and conditioner

I really like the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo as a gentle scalp scrub and weekly detox shampoo (although it's not the strongest). The Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL provides on the spot cooling and anti-itch relief. 

I like to alternate a scalp scrub and detox shampoo (my fave is the Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Triple Detox Shampoo) weekly, followed by a deep conditioning hair mask. I shampoo and condition another 2x a week (using the KéRASTASE Nutritive line), and maybe 1x use a dry shampoo and use minimal styling products.

Make sure to check your water as well, it might be too hard and need a filter or treatment. 

I'd definitely look into the Briogeo Scalp Revival™ Soothing Solutions Value Set for Oily, Itchy + Dry Scalp or a similar kit, @TARAAAAAAAAAAA7 , to test out these products. 

Re: Need new shampoo and conditioner

@TARAAAAAAAAAAA7  I use both ouai and briogeo and love them both for different reasons. I like the ouai for the detox shampoo I find I get Alot of buildup and it makes my scalp itchy. And I don’t add any hairspray or dry shampoo to my hair often. The briogeo I use the banana coconut one and I love how gentle it is and how it makes my hair so soft. I wash maybe 2 times a week I don’t find my hair gets overly oily but with some products it does more then others. I don’t think either will help with the thining. I use The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL  around my crown for my hair that’s sparse and I think it helps. Sephora collection came out with a similar product SEPHORA COLLECTION Strengthening Hair Serum with Biotin and Phytoprotiens 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  I have not tried it yet tho. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing