Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

NEED SOMETHING FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR

I am looking for some thing for my hair I don’t to color my hair a lot and it’s left a pretty dingy is the best word I could come up with but in the beauty world I would say my ends are broken and my hair looks like a mop well… I guess more like just really really dry not shiny like I wanted to look

Re: NEED SOMETHING FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR

hi!

I love hair oiling for hair growth and repair. this is when you apply oil to your hair 1-6 hours before washing. This stimulates growth and protects hair. I love the mielle rosemary oil from amazon and the The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL because they are both great and affordable. 

My favorite shampoo is the Bumble and bumble Bond-Building Repair Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and my favorite conditioner is the Bumble and bumble Bond-Building Repair Conditioner 6.7 oz/ 200 mL. I like using a detox shampoo weekly to remove build up, my favorite is the OUAI Detox Shampoo. I recommend doing a hair mask every time you wash your hair if you have dry and damaged hair. I have a few favorite hair masks including the amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask , OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL and the Bumble and bumble Bond-Building Repair Treatment 4.2 oz/ 125 mL 

I recommend trying to reduce heat styling and whenever you do use heat make sure to use a heat protectant. Also try to train your hair to wash less (1-2 times a week works for me). Also try to reduce mechanical damage from bushing hair. I like to do this by brushing with a wet brush and using the Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil on your ending every time before brushing. 

hope this helps!

Re: NEED SOMETHING FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR

@whiterussian30 I think a good cut to get rid of the dead ends will get you started in the right direction.  I enjoy the hydrating shampoo from Pureology Hydrate Spring Kit (the scent is the only iffy part... it's got a touch of a star anise scent), or the dae Daely Rituals Hair Kit  (which has a wonderful citrus scent).  A good hair mask once or twice a week and then maybe adding in a temporary gloss?  dpHUE Gloss+ Semi-permanent Hair Color and Deep Conditioner Clear  for example can really add a shinny boost to hair!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing