Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

My hair sucks right now....

**This is an older post, but I am Looking for some more product suggestions**I only have 3 atm.

Dry scalp+thin hair+frizzy hair....It is just so blah, even after styling.

I need something that will nourish my scalp, tame this frizz, and  bring this limp, thin hair back to life. When done styling my hair, I want it to look bouncy, and silky...and feel that way, too! Product recommendations, please...Thanks Heart

I think our hair is kinda similar. I love Philip B Pepper...

I think our hair is kinda similar. I love Philip B Peppermint and Avocado Shampoo, it works wonders for my scalp, feels to tingly and the minty smell is delish! Like an aromatherapy treatment. They have 2 conditioners, one regular in the shower rinse out and the other is a leave in. Although I can't say it has totally eliminated the dry scalp. Let me know if you find something that works for you

I've been using the Peppermint shampoo with Living Proof Thickening formula -1st shampoo Philip B, 2nd shmp Living Proof then living proof thickening conditioner. Before I even get out of the shower, I barely even blot my hair, I put on the Living Proof Thickening Cream (many thickening and especially de-frizz products need to be put on soaking wet hair in order to get the best performance possible) This week I used L.P. Mousse after the Thickening cream and really liked the result. very little frizz& my hair did look a bit fuller and thicker. Living proof also has a line called Zero Frizz, haven't tried that yet.

Ouidad is a great line for frizzy, wavy, curly hair. I used it for quite a while and honestly, I've always gotten a lot of compliments on my hair, but I got even more when I used that. I got away from it when my hair started to thin a bit. May try it out again during peak frizzing months.

Ojon Thickening formulas did make my hair seem a little thicker, when I pulled my hair back into a ponytail it seemed a bit fuller. Some of the styling products add volume and help fight frizz, not sure what I used though, I can try and look back and find out if you want me to, just let me know. But I started to have some kind of reaction to it, some skin irritation and oddly enough, I started sneezing like crazy in the shower, weird.

When you give your hair that final rinse in the shower do it with cold, cold water - it helps shine and seals the hair cuticle so it doesn't look as rumpled up, if you know what I mean, thus, your overall hairstyle doesn't look as frizzy, fuzzy, rumpled. Blow dry carefully always aiming the air flow downward, not up toward the scalp - less rumpling. If you are layering products like I did (thick creme then mousse) wait a short while in between, products, lets the first one get into the hair before the second one coats it. I didn't believe it when a hairdresser told me, but I did see a difference, my products seemed to work better.

Hope this helped. Let me know. Hope you have a good day and good hair! Smiley Happy

I think I have recommended Couture Colour's Pequi Oil Tre...

I think I have recommended Couture Colour's Pequi Oil Treatment to just about everyone in these message boards. I cannot stress enough the many perks of this product. Like you, I sometimes suffer from a dry scalp and I have thin hair that can frizz if you even look at it the wrong way. I have been using the Pequi Oil Treatment for months now and I have even converted my family and friends into fans of this super luxe treatment. It isn't heavy at all and you can use it as a styling treatment which allows you to reap the maximum benefits of the product. It smells so good like fresh coconuts or something tropical. I have not met anyone who has tried it who hasn't liked it after their very first application. Give it a try as I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

I might be late however, better late than never.  There i...

I might be late however, better late than never.  There is a group of products that I use called Jessicurl (they are not sold on Sephora).  They are sulfate and silicone-free.  I love them.  Not only has it helped out my hair, but many people have asked me what products I use.

I use Hask's Henna 'n' Placenta often (every 1-2 weeks) a...

I use Hask's Henna 'n' Placenta often (every 1-2 weeks) as a conditioning treatment on my hair.I get it from my local Sally's Beauty supply for about 3$ a treatment- It's really amazing, don't let the name put you off! It leaves everything super silky and moisturized. 

Well I've tried numerous hair treatments and have never b...

Well I've tried numerous hair treatments and have never been as satisfied as I am with my home made treatment. I use one avocado, an egg yolk and about a tablespoon of olive oil- make sure you mix it good! Then get your hair wet and apply the mixture. Then I usually put a shower cap on and hang out in the bathtub for an hour or so (love my bathtime lol). Occasionally I will go to bed with the cap on and wash it out in the morning or if you really wanna get serious leave the cap on and then use the blow dryer to warm up your hair for 15 minutes. I usually put my drier on warm and low setting.

Good luck! And if you don't want to give that a try then Id say give Carol's daughter products a try. You have a few to pick from. I've also tried Ojon, phyto, alterna bamboo and Bumble and Bumble. Ojon made my hair greasy, Phyto seemed to enhance the visibility of my split ends (go figure) That Bamboo one just weighed my hair down it looked so limp and I liked bumble and bumble but like the thought of Carol's daughter products.

Either way I'm sticking to my egg avocado and oil mix... I keep carol around for quick pick me ups.

Re: Well I've tried numerous hair treatments and have never b...

Thank you!!! I've tried Phyto and it broke my hair. Literally. Every day I'm snapping off the splits and breakage. There's so many it's like a game. I'm going to cut my hair again next week, my hair dresser told me I see her too often. I'm blaming Phyto. I used Bumble and Bumble and I didn't like that it had sulfates. I have Ojon Recovery Kit and will try it out. I think Sephora is going to flip out on me because I keep returning hair products. I bought Ouidad kit last night on the recommendation from the SA, I hate my hair curly. I'll try it but if I hate it I'll return it. Good luck ladies
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors