Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

My hair needs help

My hair is very thin and dry and damaged due to someone bleaching it terribly. I was told to get Olaplex but I have no idea which one to use. Can anyone help me ???

Re: My hair needs help

Good Morning,

I have a couple recommendations that will strengthen bleached, damaged and fragile hair.

Color WOW has Dream Kale Cocktail a leave-in treatment formulated with sulfur-rich Blue Sea Kale which will strengthen hair's internal sulfur bonds and will instantly make the hair 2X stronger and you will notice 50% less breakage.

The next Color WOW product is Money Masque, rich algae antioxidant blend which preserves hair color, improves the shine of each hair fiber which leads to less breakage or damage. This penetrates into the cortex to improve the inner strength and surface of the hair where the shine comes from without feeling greasy, waxy or coating the hair.

You WILL love these Color WOW products!!

I LOVE Olaplex! My hair was so dry and thinning after I had a baby and honestly just using Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector as directed and rice water brought it back to life in 4 weeks! I also use Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil now for heat protection. Everyone’s hair is different though so do your research for your hair type! Good luck

@bwilliams22 

Find a salon that uses Olaplex products. My hair stylist performs a salon Olaplex treatment twice a year using Olaplex 1 and Olaplex 2 which are only available in salons. I pay $35.00 for my treatment and I received a full sized bottle of Olaplex 3 as a take home. Your hair stylist will recommend what specific products would be good for your hair. I thought that I would need to use the entire Olaplex product line but I learned that it would not be beneficial for my hair. I was told not to use Olaplex 3 more than twice a month. I do color and blow dry my hair but my biggest concern is frizz.

@Loretta55 I'm curious - how many times a year do salons rec that you use the salon-only Olaplex?  I've never thought about it, but now I need to know!

Also, what products do you like to combat frizz?

My stylist told me to use the salon Olaplex only at the change of season @greeneyedgirl107. In my case I usually get my treatments in February and August. My hair is not damaged because I try to take proper care of it but every person would have different needs. It does not take much time to perform the service and it is a good idea to consult with your hair stylist before performing any hair service. I am still working o my frizz problem. I just added a SA product to my routine this time . It is the AG Hair Liquid Styling Effects. It is a strong hold gel. I had my hair appointment this past Thursday and I feel like it is holding up nicely so far.

The best advice that I have been given to avoid frizz is to try not to touch my hair.

@bwilliams22  I also have damaged hair from bleaching, and I use Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment  then I apply Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector  and I find it’s really helped my hair come back to life. I try to not use heat. I air dry my hair. And I apply Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Crème 3.3 oz/ 100 mL both when my hair is wet after I washed it and the night before I wash my hair when it’s dry. Right now I’m trying to focus on growing my hair out and getting it healthy. Hopefully you find a routine that works for you. I also ordered Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  I’ll update you how it works when I get it!!! 

@ather Curious to hear your thoughts on the Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL !  I just about fell over when I got the promotional e-mail.  I had no idea about this product!  It sounds like it will be just up my alley, as I can use it in the shower.  I still have an untouched bottle of the No. 3 b/c I'm so lazy.

@greeneyedgirl107  So update. I used the Olaplex 8 yesterday and my hair feels so much smoother and healthier. I think more then when I use the 0 and 3 together. I’ll keep you posted over a few more uses. So far I really like it. Just had a few inches cut off my hair at the end of March so my hair is pretty healthy right now. I also saw you asking about frizz. I’ve been using the Olaplex 6 for frizz and I love it. I feel like it makes my hair feel stronger too!! Next time I use my Olaplex 8 I’ll take a picture before and after and see if it’s noticeable. 

@ather Thanks for the detailed response - I really appreciate it!  (And, I'm glad I happened to see this b/c after getting some tags, I now didn't receive this one.)  I'm a little mixed on the Olaplex 6.  I should try it some more, but my hair takes so much effort that I usually don't like to try new things too often!  

Anyhow, glad your first impressions of the 8 are positive!  

Same here @greeneyedgirl107  i was all disciplined with #3 when I first got it. Now second round bottles have been sitting barely used for 6 months. What gets me is the ‘ apply on freshly washed clean hair” so then I come out of shower dry up use No. 3 but then I am too lazy to go back in the shower to shampoo it out. Maybe I should just use it after making hair wet and not necessarily shampoo first.

@naturalooks15 Oh jeez - I never realized it was supposed to be used on freshly washed clear hair!!!

@greeneyedgirl107 @It said clean hair and I assumed that bind strengthener to do it’s thing, hair needs to be free of built-up or products. I don’t use styling products so I am planning to try using it without first round of shampoo (just wet them in sink and apply it, put a cap on. Let’s see how that goes.

@naturalooks15 @greeneyedgirl107  You don't always have to shampoo your hair before using No. 3. 🙂 All you have to do is get your hair damp. Olaplex says you can also apply it to dry hair if you want, but you'll use more No. 3 that way. If you don't use styling products, you'll probably never have to shampoo first. 

When I have lots of product buildup (usually lots of "curl refreshing" styling cream I've used between washes, or perhaps lots of Adwoa Baomint gel), I do a very light and quick shampoo before No. 3. I don't even get in the shower for this kind of shampoo, I just bend over the tub because, like you, I'm too lazy (and in my case, impatient) for in-shower full shampoo -> No. 3 -> in-shower full shampoo again. I've used No. 3 on my hair when it was still coated in leave-in conditioner + Adwoa gel from washday 4 days earlier, plus dry shampoo used a couple times since washday, and No. 3 has still worked. 

Thank you @WinglessOne  this Will help me use it more often but more importantly I can now convince my teen to use it ( she just got highlights) because if it’s a hassle she won’t do it. It was a battle to get her to agree to do 3 things in the morning- wash- moisturizer-sunscreen 😄

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree I was so good when it first came out then I got lazy but lately I use the 0 and the 3 and hide upstairs for some me time lol I’ll keep you posted as soon as I try it!!

@ather Thanks!  And I hope by them I start getting notifications about my tags again!

@greeneyedgirl107  I know me too!!! 

@bwilliams22 

You have to treat the issues separately. Unless you mean it’s “thin” because it’s breaking off due to the damage from the bleach? 

Here’s what you get...

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 

wet your hair BEFORE going into the shower. Apply some Olaplex No.3. Leave on 10-15 mins (no, leaving it on longer does not yield better results, it’s at its most potent and has done all it can do at 15 mins). Jump in the shower, wash your hair then apply Redken Extreme Bleach Recovery Micellar Water not sold at Sephora, Ulta has it. Your hair will be in better shape in no time. 

B6BE22E2-202F-423B-9E00-E3BC81CC6F38.png

Is this the correct one?

@bwilliams22 

Yes that’s it! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 41 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1