Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

My hair is damaged

742279D8-17FB-4F3C-9F23-62A55A3773F6.jpeg

94E4E073-C26F-425A-A5CD-C17D9DB6D1C3.jpeg

•  the first pic is my hair now, vs a couple years ago. My hair has become extremely dry on the ends and it will NOT grow. I’m noticing everyday new split ends and like I can just break off pieces of my hair. I wear a silk bonnet to bed, I don’t brush it in the shower, I use oil treatments on occasion, and everything but it seems to be getting worse and worse. Can someone recommend some hair products?? My hair is fine but there’s a lot of it. I’m thinking the damage may be from olaplex?? Because I’ve been using it for a year or 2 and it’s been getting worse and worse 

Re: My hair is damaged

@jennnn123  Aw my hairs been in that state.  That’s bleach damage for sure. You can see just looking at it that when it’s wet it clumps into ‘noodles’.  Your hair is growing as you have roots but breaks off so you don’t get any new length.  
The best you can do for it if you want to keep as much length as possible is to keep it hydrated and oiled up (hydration and oil are not the same thing) while giving it protein treatments.  It won’t hold either moisture or protein well once it’s damaged to the point it’s breaking on its own as the cuticles are wide open, so all you can do is use hair masks instead of conditioner, spray in leave-in conditioner

while your hair is still damp and then oil it up while still damp for as much shine as possible.  Olaplex can only help so much and is a good tool for helping bond your cuticles together and preventing some breakage but isn’t magic.  It merely acts as a glue but that glue can prevent moisture from reaching the actual hair.  You still need to clarify products once a week from your hair so water can reach the cuticle and hydrate it, and then put moisture back into your hair with a product like K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  The K18 will help hydrate it and then a thicker silicon hair serum will help gloss over the destroyed cuticle making it appear less frizzy while sealing in the water moisture Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil  You can use a lighter hair oil or glossing spray to give your hair some fake sheen.  amika Top Gloss Hair Shine Spray 

Theres no ‘fixing’ your hair at this stage of damage. It’s all about concealing as much damage as possible while trying to minimize breakage by being gentle brushing from the ends upward, and keeping it hydrated and avoiding heat damage. 

Another trick to fake hair health is to mousse it up well while wet scrunch it and accept whatever curl pattern it takes on.  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • 742279D8-17FB-4F3C-9F23-62A55A3773F6.jpeg
  • 94E4E073-C26F-425A-A5CD-C17D9DB6D1C3.jpeg
testing