Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Managing a pixie haircut. Help!

My hair is naturally curly, but recently, I got a very very short pixie. I was so excited to cutting my hair off that I even forgot that I have curly hair, and while this haircut is not giving me problems now, I'm a little worried about how is going to be when it starts to grow. Can you give me some products recommendations to control a short haircut?

Besides, my hair is really dark, a very deep brown, I had a lighter color on the middle to the end of my hair, but now, all that I have

is my natural color and for some reason I feel it lost the glow, it's just a very very dark with no shine hair. What can I do to add the glow that I want?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks ladies!

As I'm sure you've found out, the short pixie hairstyle i...

As I'm sure you've found out, the short pixie hairstyle is a simple and elegant hairstyle that suits any type of hair (like think, thin, curly or fine).  They are easy on maintenance except for the fact that you need to keep your pixie cropped frequently to keep your desired look. According to fashion magazines I’ve read, where the modern pixie is concerned, hair perfection is totally outdated and “bed head” is in.  It’s best to refrain from combing or brushing after blow drying and go easy on styling products because you never want to look “greasy”.  Also, instead of using a comb it’s best to use your fingers to create a piece-y, bed-head effect.  Having your stylist cut the ends with a razor will put an end to any perfectionist tendencies you may have (this is key to styling the pixie).  You can experiment with styling such as trying a zig-zag part and a bit of volume at the top with smooth layers at your cheeks.  I’d try using Redken 10 Waxblast which is a texture spray that you can purchase at Ulta or any major hair salon.  The #10 Waxblast is like a hairspray with a little wax mixed in so you can get hold and a piece-y look at the same time.

To add a bit of shine back to your hair without weighing it down, you may want to try using a small amount of Josie Maran's Argan Oil Hair Serum which you can read all about here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P256603&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing