Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Maintaining Volume for Hair

Hi all, I have veryyy thick hair and I always struggle with maintaining volume after blowdrying. After I shower, I use the LIVING PROOF - Full Thickening Mousseand I blowdry using the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer. My issues come in the second, third, etc. day. My hair is too heavy to maintain the volume. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or products to try and keep volume in the days post shower. Thanks.

Re: Maintaining Volume for Hair

Sometimes I don't add any product at all just flip my hair over and hit the roots with hot air from my hair dryer. If you have time you could dampen the roots of the top layer of your blowout and do a quick mini blowout of just those sections to reactivate the product. Also I've never found a dry shampoo that works for me BUT baby powder does work  so if your roots are getting weighed down because they're getting a bit oily, a small amount of baby powder worked into the roots can help. (I have brown hair and as long as you only use a small amount and rub it in thoroughly it doesn't leave white streaks).

RE: Maintaining Volume for Hair

What sort of dry shampoo do you use? It might be worth with experimenting with others.

Not sure if this will work for straight hair however I clip my roots after I get out of the shower (give or take 15-20min after, I let my T-shirt towel dry my hair a lil, you can get them at Walmart loveeeee creates no frizz also add your styling products before you clip) & my volume last until my next wash day. (3-4 days depending) I have super long, thick, heavy curly hair. :)xo

Ive never tried using a T-shirt, I usually use a hair turban. I’ll try and get one and see if that works! My hair is kind of wavy/textured so who knows! Thanks!

Re: Maintaining Volume for Hair

Gravity will take its toll, you need to restyle. I would use a volumizing powder like BRIOGEO - Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Root Powder.

Lift small sections of your root up with the end of a tail comb and add the powder; it acts like a teasing agent without teasing the hair. Set with hair spray. @juliaccash1 

RE: Re: Maintaining Volume for Hair

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll have to try that out.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing