Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Maintaining Curls After a Wash

I’m completely new to this whole community thing Sephora has going on so hi! I’m also new to… Curly hair?? I saw a video somewhere that said that if you think you have frizzy wavy hair especially when you brush it out, you might actually have curly hair! So I did the thing where when it’s wet you scrunch it up and it helps the curls be more defined. BOY was I shocked at the absolute transformation of my hair; it was glossy, bouncy, and adorably filled with voluminous ringlets.

my issue is now that my hair has grown a bit, it’s heavier, and the curls don’t last past day 3 of a wash. (From sleeping on them, putting my hair up…) I eventually want to cut my hair again but I was wondering before I do that- is there any hair product that could help hold my curls together longer?? The only product I currently use is a heat-protectant spray before damp blow drying, and then scrunching my hair with my fingers.

Thanks for reading this far, and offering any curly-haired knowledge!

Re: Maintaining Curls After a Wash

@kaysquared I have curly hair and don’t use dry shampoo but the amika Mini Perk Up Dry Shampoo 1 oz/ 44 mL ! I find it really helps with volume and giving life back in my hair. But if my hair is in the dryer side I’ll use Mizani Coco Dew Curl Defining Refresher Spray 6.8 oz/ 200mL works really well too ! And with curly hair I don’t shampoo and condition everyday. I do about 1x a week. I use the Mizani True Textures Cream Cleansing Conditioner 16.9 oz/ 500 mL everyday and it doesn’t strip the hair at all and really helps with frizz and my curl manageability. Might be a little heavy though if you cut your hair short again but work a try if you like to style daily and air dry. And my last advice would try sleeping with a silk hair wrap. Slip has one at Sephora but I just by mine on amazon. Helps with keeping style kept overnight well sleeping. Hope that helps ! 

Following. I’m always on the quest for a product to even help day 2 to refresh. I just bought Curlsmith’s Bonding Oil: got good results with it yesterday which was my first time using it.

I am new to the CGM. I find that misting my hair doesn’t do it for me: I have to actually WET my hair. Then there’s the game of what product and what amount. I generally get better results with DivaCurl and Curlsmith products.

also: don’t forget to do a deep treatment overnight every week or so. I put one of the deep treatment products on my hair with a shower cap and leave it on overnight, then wash it in the morning. It makes a huge difference when done regularly.

Hi @kaysquared - The BIC members on this thread have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to curly, wavy hair- https://community.sephora.com/t5/Curls-Coils/Ride-the-WAVE-with-me/m-p/4325979.

I don't curl my hair, not often anyway, but I have found that spraying my hair with COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL   and letting it air dry revives my curls after shampooing (but only when I add enough moisture because my hair is very dry and damaged.  I like to use a co-wash and Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL )

Maybe that product would extend the life of your curls too.  It comes in a trial sized bottle also.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing