Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Looking for MOISTURE

I have thick, dry hair which I have been coloring for 10+ years.  I am in my late 40's now and I am at the point where I only have to wash my hair twice a week, only mentioning this because when I was younger I couldn't go nore than two days without washing it.

My hair is thinning due to a thyroid problem, which I realize no product on Sephora will fix but I am looking for something super moisterizing yet gentle.

What I really crave is something so luxuriously moisterizing that my hair is silky smooth straight out of the shower.  I have tried Living Proof, Ouai, Bumble and Bumble and sorry to say, worst of all Olaplex.  I never return products and I returned Olaplex as it made my hair like straw.  So I have determined that I do not need strengthening or protein for my hair.

The best I have truied and what i usually use is Pureology in the purple bottle, I think it is the moisturizing formula and it works well but I honestly get bored and want to try something else but not waste my money.

I am intrigued by Briogeo Banana + Coconut shampoo and conditioner and I was wondering if anyone could advise me if I should try it? I know it says gentle but sometimes gentle means light wieght and I need a really good conditioner not light weight conditioner. 

Any thoughts?

Re: Looking for MOISTURE

Hi there! 
Olaplex No.3 works great for strengthening hair, however it does not address moisture
It does work great to help build strengthening foundation so your moisture products work better! No. 4 & 5 & 6 work amazing to provide ultra, long lasting hydration. 
Let us know if we can help you troubleshoot further! 

Re: Looking for MOISTURE

@sullw I really like the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, It's super moisturizing and leaves my hair really soft. They also have shampoo and conditioner but I haven't tried those. One that's really popular is the ALTERNA HAIRCARE - CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture Essentials. 

I would suggest that as a moisture boost, since you're only washing your hair twice a week, instead of using a regular conditioner just use a deep conditioning treatment or hair mask each time you wash it.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing