Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Looking for HAIR LOSS shampoo etc

Ever since I turned 30, I noticed that I've been having the MOST EXTREME hair loss in my life.  Each time, I shower, I literally lose a lock full of hair.  Not only that, my floor is full of my hair each week I sweep it.  Please HELP!  I know this is NOT NORMAL.   Any suggestions for shampoo brand to help me restore and rejuvenate my hair.  TIA

Re: Looking for HAIR LOSS shampoo etc

I second @flamingolegs and @GG84's comments.  Sudden hair loss may due to an underlying medical issue.  You may want to have your thyroid, vitamin and iron levels checked.  Also, stress and diet can play an important factor in hair loss/growth.  Keep in mind over time hair naturally will thin for most people. 

I would suggest a trip to the doctor.  There are many causes of sudden hair loss, some are benign and correct themselves shortly while others are serious and require medical intervention.  

One of the things they should do is a blood test to check for possible thyroid issues.  You are at the perfect gender and age for several thyroid problems to appear, and most are easily corrected.

I know you asked for a shampoo so not sure if my response will be what you are looking for however I've heard oiling your help should help. Castor oil applied the roots is supposed to help with loss and thickening. Multivitamins can help and I've also heard a lot about biotin helps. Lastly if you have anemia or have become iron deficient that is another reason for hair loss. Hope this was somewhat helpful to you.

This is actually very common but quite scary. The chances are very high the shedding will stop after 6 weeks or so and regrowth will occur shortly afterwards. Ive had this happen twice, both times I was pretty sure the hair loss was so bad that if it carried on at that rate Id be bald within a couple of months, if that. Look back to a couple of months before the dramatic hair loss started and see if something was going on that may have triggered this. For me it was fast weight loss on one occasion and a short illness that had resulted in high fevers (combined with high anxiety) on the other.

Be sure youre eating well, dont cut calories. You really are what you eat so if you want nice healthy hair then eat food that is beneficial. Take slow fe iron a couple of times a week, add a biotin supplement, sleep and exercise. Nioxin is a wonderful line and I feel it helped me. My hair has grown back completely and I still use Nioxin 4 a few times a week.

I know its hard to be calm when this is happening, but concentrate your emotions and energy on providing your body with what it needs to regrow all that lost hair. One day very soon youll have a day where the hair loss isnt too bad, the next day will be the same. A few days later youll have barely any hair loss. Look after your scalp with Nioxin and eat like a king. Best wishes. x

@HnubCi If you haven't been extreme dieting or gone through a life change such as having a child - I would first recommend a trip to your doctor to ensure there isn't an underlying issue. 

Nioxin is a great system that helps to stop hair loss, however there is only one scientifically proven ingredient that will actually stimulate regrowth and that is Minoxidil (aka Rogaine). 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing