cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Long hair care

Hello everyone!

I have long wavy hair (it reaches waist) that is dry and has been chemically treated but I have split ends and get tangles easily. Does anyone have recommendations of oils, serums, leave in treatments etc that can help me? Thank you so much!!

Re: Long hair care

@Jungshook25 I *highly* rec a sulfate-free shampoo.  I've been using Pureology Hydrate, and it's like night and day.  My hair is softer and smoother and less prone to frizz.  Plus, it's really easy to use b/c it actually lathers.

I've also found that It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product lives up to it's hype.  It also made my hair sleeker.  Other people have even noticed!  I rec spraying it into your hands, then applying to your hair.

Between these two products, my hair has improved dramatically.

As for hair oils, I rec experimenting.  I own five different ones, and I like them for different purposes.  I guess all are not created equal.  And remember that hair oils can be applied in a variety of ways - as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling product, or on dry hair (my fave).  I also think it's important to look at ingredients.  Many hair oils are loaded with silicone which from my research/opinion is why many of them work.  If you wish to go silicone-free, I believe Josie Maran is 100% oil.  I also got a sample of Living Proof Nourishing Oil and it doesn't look like it has silicones in it, either.

Are you currently using a silicone serum?  If not, you may wish to consider it - if only on your ends to tame them.  My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Good luck!  🙂

Hi @Jungshook25!

Firstly, congratulations on achieving mermaid length hair! I wish you included a pic. Secondly, If you don't already, I would recommend getting regular trims/haircuts. You don't have to get a lot of length taken off but just enough to keep the ends from splitting further. 

I feel like masks are temporary fixes but don't truly repair your hair overtime. Moroccan Oil's original oil is a classic that will give immediate softness and smells incredible. Bumble & Bumble also makes a great oil that is more on the lighter side. BrioEgo makes a a fantastic post-shower conditioner spray that helped me kick using my hair dryer. 

Please update if you find anything that works for you! Bets of luck. 😄

Hansi (IG: @hansiland)

@Jungshook25,

I have chemically treated hair as well and the more that it gets bleached the drier and more tangled it becomes. However, using a mask a few times a week helps keep it smooth. I leave mine on for a few minutes with a shower cap on!

https://www.sephora.com/product/olive-fruit-oil-deeply-repairative-hair-pak-P422505?skuId=1989391&ic...

❤️ Melissa

Thank you so much @melissabt! I'll definitely need to try this!

@Jungshook25,

You're very welcome, I hope that it works for you too!

❤️ Melissa

Hi @Jungshook25 I second @bakeamuffin Olaplex recommendation! I starting using that in my routine as a weekly treatment and it really has made a difference in the condition of my hair. Another amazing product I use for hydration is the Christophe Robin Moisturizing Hair Oil with Lavender. I try to use it once a week also and apply it the night before or a few hours before I plan to wash my hair. 

Thank you @keelybt so much!! I'm seriously interesting in olaplex and Christopher robin!

The Christophe Robin line is AMAZING, great recommendation @keelybt! ☺️

Hey @Jungshook25, I have fairly long hair and find that using Olaplex 2-3 times a week makes a really big difference. It’s a treatment to strengthen and repair hair from within, and I find that it makes it much more managanble and less prone to breakage.

My other fav hair products are the Alterna Re-texturizing protein cream and the Alterna 10-1 hair CC+ cream, I alternate using these two. The protein works really well alongside the Olaplex since Olaplex doesn’t have any protein. It “fills in the gaps” so that porous, damaged hair, won’t be prone to breakage.

The CC hair cream is an amazing leave in treatmemt that just makes my hair feel so soft, manageable and shiny. It also has UV and heat styling protection! I use this if I need my hairstyle to last all day without getting frizzy and tangled. I totally rely on these products to keep my hair soft, manageable, and healthy so that it can continue to grow. I hope these suggestions help ☺️

https://m.sephora.com/product/caviar-repair-rx-re-texturizing-protein-cream-P377720?icid2=skugrid

https://m.sephora.com/product/caviar-cc-cream-for-hair-10-in-1-complete-correction-P378716?icid2=sku...

https://m.sephora.com/product/olaplex-hair-perfector-no-3-P428224?country_switch=ca

Thank you so much @bakeamuffin for the recommendations I will be purchasing those products!!!❤

I hope you love them as much as I do @Jungshook25! ❤️ ☺️

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing