Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Long Controlled Dandruff is Back! Any tips?

Hi all!

I hope everyone's doing well. I'm looking for some help with my haircare routine. I've never really had a super hard time dealing with my scalp; it tends to go through episodes of dandruff showing up as flakes and recently itchiness. I had gotten to a place where I really only got dandruff episodes approximately every two months and even then it wouldn't last longer than a week. (If it did, I'd go ahead and use the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo and/or drugstore dandruff shampoo and I'd be fine.)

Fast forward to the present, the flakes are a constant. I use the new(ish) Briogeo Superfoods Mango + Cherry Balancing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Oil Control most days, with Briogeo Superfoods Matcha + Apple Replenishing Shampoo Briogeo Superfoods Kale + Apple Replenishing Conditioner (now only at Ulta) & selenium sulfide shampoo also in the rotation. I use the Scalp Revival shampoo or Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Happi Scalp™ Scrub 6.0 oz/ 180 mL weekly.

The products & weather haven't really changed (I live in Miami, it's hot year round here), so I'm at a loss as to what could have happened. Any tips?

Javier

Re: Long Controlled Dandruff is Back! Any tips?

@Javi2525 

You are doing too much exfoliating which isn’t treating the problem. Try AG Control shampoo from Ulta. 

Re: Long Controlled Dandruff is Back! Any tips?

Are your products all sulfate free? If so, that might be the problem. My hair needs sulfates to clean my scalp correctly.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing